Secret reveals

When a group of people laugh, people will instinctively look at the person they feel closest to. -8 Fact.
_____________________________________

Chapter Sixteen: Secret reveals.

It was that evening when the four of them decided to hangout.

Yashraj couldn't meet Mahaya's eye since she returned home.

Every time she'd try talking to him, he'd turn away.

Guilt was eating him up.

The Mahaya that he saw there seemed vulnerable. She seemed open, delicate, sad and yet beautiful.

The soft side of hers that Yashraj got to witness there, it warmed his heart.

He couldn't get the image out of his head.

Every time Mahaya walked, she had a posture, a body language that made people feel inferior and submissive to her. She walked like she owned the place, which most of the times she did, and it seemed like it was meant to be that way.

The Mahaya that Yashraj saw not a few hours ago, she seemed totally different. She was no longer on guard with her walls up. Her heart was open, hurting and wounded but she was still holding it together.

Maybe following her was a bad mistake.

"Alright. Since this is the fourth and last Saturday of the month, how about we go clubbing?" Kartik suggested.

"How about no?" Mahaya replied.

"Don't be such a spoilsport." He said.

"Say that when you wake up with a hangover tomorrow." Tanya replied, sipping Maaza.

Yashraj and Arjun chuckled.

"How about we just sit in one place?" Tanya suggested.

Everyone looked at her.

Which people in their twenties stay home on Saturday nights?

"Look, I know it's not normal but think about it. We can go clubbing any Saturday. Why not just sit and talk, order pizza, remember old memories?" Tanya said in a soothing voice.

Everyone thought about it.

While the indecisive as always boys pondered upon it, Mahaya spoke up.

"I think it's great."

Tanya gave her a soft smile.

"Who wants to order Pizza?" Arjun asked.

____•_____

"And so then I exchanged our papers, resulting in getting an A, thank you very much." Arjun said.

Everyone laughed.

"The girl must hate you." Tanya laughed.

"Oh, yes. I suffered from food poisoning for two weeks." Arjun shuddered.

"Well, I have an incident." Kartik said.

Everyone looked at him.

"It was the year 2009, and I had just began working in the company. I had this very beautiful assistant called Ananya, who was heads over heels for me, and one night, it was raining hard." Kartik said In a Grave tone.

"It was afternoon and it was sunny." Mahaya reminded him, rolling her eyes.

Everyone chuckled and Mahaya looked at Yashraj, expecting him to be looking at her.

She expected for him to look at her and then the two of them would laugh more than others, looking at each other, as always.

But as soon as Mahaya looked at him, Yashraj looked away.