Chapter 17

"You love me,"

That's the first word that came out from Gio's mouth when he let go of my lips. I didn't know how to calm my heart anymore. It's beating so loud and so fast. T-that was my first kiss in my entire life!

"W-why did you do that?" nanghihinang tanong ko.

Tumikhim siya. "I'm sorry. I-I should've asked for your permission first. I was just so delighted to know that you love me, too."

"Too?" hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko. "You also love me?"

"Natalia," he seriously said. "I thought I like I you. At first, I was just curious about you... then one day, you are making me feel things I never thought I could feel."

I remined quiet, waiting for him to talk more.

"But, then I got to know you more. I saw you... I saw your pain, your happiness... buong ikaw."

Huminga siya nang malalim.

"But when I saw you cry, that was when I knew I already love you. Because at that time, all I want to do is to wipe your tears, to make you happy. I thought to myself," yumuko siya. "I want to keep this woman and give her all the good things that the world could give." bulong niya.

"But you said you don't want to have a girlfriend," bulong ko rin.

"I don't." sagot niya. "But, you broke my rules." bahagya siyang natawa. "Maybe, Calynn was right, there's always an exemption to the general rule." he looked at me. "... and that is you."

My heart wanted to cartwheel because of so much happiness. Hearing these things from Gio, it was so overwhelming.

"I'm sorry for that kiss. I know I should've asked for─"

I cut him off when I tiptoed and kiss him on his lips. He put his hand on the back of my head and his other hand is on my back while I put both my hands on his waist.

We were kissing for 30 seconds straight. Our lips were not moving. It's just, his lips are touching mine. I didn't know I could hold back my breath for that long.

I was panting when he let go of my lips. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer while looking straightly to my eyes.

"You... love me?"

I nodded and smiled. "I do, Gio."

"Say it, please," bulong niya.

Huminga ako nang malalim at ngumiti. "Mahal kita,"

That was the first time I said it to a man. It felt nice... it felt right.

Gio chuckled softly. He smiled widely like he just passed the BAR exam today. He enveloped me on his arms while caressing my hair.

"Mahal din kita, Natalia," he whispered on my ear.

Gio and and I went back to his car. We were holding hands while my head is resting on his shoulder.

"Hindi totoo 'yung sinabi ni Daddy." I said while playing with our hands. "Sinabi nila na gusto ka nila para sa 'kin pero wala naman akong pakialam doon."

He tightened our hands. "I'm sorry for doubting you,"

Humarap ako sa kaniya. "Hindi ka na galit sa 'kin?"