Chapter 39

"Why didn't you tell me that you threatened to kill Judge Vergara?"

Malamig ang boses ko. I want them to know that I'm mad. I want them to know that I am aggravated. I thought it was Gio who suddenly left without a reason but he has his reasons and of those is my parents.

"What?" Mom asked while still walking downstairs.

I took a step back and looked at Maureen. "Go to your room, Maui."

Reluctantly, Maui went upstairs to go to her room. Nang makaalis na siya, tinignan ko ulit ang mga magulang ko.

"Don't even try to deny it."

Dad scoffed. "Who told you that?"

"Gio."

"You're accusing us because of that boy? Really, Natalia?"

"Just stop lying, please. Answer me. Why do you need to threatened him to leave me. Why do you have to do that? You saw me. You saw what happened to me when he was gone. You saw how miserable I am. Wala ba kayong puso?

Humakbang si Daddy palapit sa akin. "Paano ka nakakapagsalita nang ganiyan sa amin? Baka nakakalimutan mo, he left you without an explanation."

I raised Gio's letter that I've been holding since earlier. "Kaya pala," I chuckled sarcastically. "Kaya pala nasa kwarto niyo 'to."

Mom's eyes widened. She muttered a curse as if she did something wrong. Maybe, nagsisisi na siya na pinakuha niya sa akin sa kwarto nila ang bracelet ko. "Are you happy that your daughter is miserable. I wonder what kind of satisfaction you both are feeling whenever you're hurting me... because you constantly do!" I shouted.

My cheeks felt sore when I felt Dad slapped me.

I looked back at them and scoffed. "Another satisfaction?"

"You're so disrespectful!" Dad shouted.

"No!" I shouted. "You're the one who's disrespectful. You never respected me. Ever since I've decided not to go to med school, I never felt like a daughter to you anymore."

Mabigat ang paghinga ko dahil sa patong-patong na galit sa kanila. Paano ba nila nagagawa 'to? I'm their daughter!

"Akala ko ba gusto niyo si Gio para sa akin? You even forced me before to date him. Why do you have to threatened him?!"

"Because we love you, Natalia!" Mom shouted and walked towards me. "We want to keep you safe. We realized that Gio's profession will harm you so we needed to do something to stay you away from him."

"You stayed me away from harm but didn't you realize how much I suffered when he left because of you? Hanggang kailan ba kayo makikialam sa buhay ko?!"

"This is still my house!" Dad shouted. "Hanggang nandito ka sa bahay ko, susunod ka sa 'kin"

"Fine," madiing sabi ko. "I'm moving out." I said before I ran upstairs to prepare all my things.

I'm trying to understand them for twenty nine years. I'm done. I'm tired.

Enough is enough.

"Natalia, what do you think you're doing?" I heard Mom's voice while I was busy putting my clothes in my luggage.

"Staying away from you. Baka mas magkasakitan lang tayo kapag nag-stay pa ako rito." I calmly answered, not looking at her.

Narinig ko ang mga hakbang ni Mommy palapit sa akin. "You don't have to do this."

I stopped and faced her. "Mom... you don't have any idea how much you hurt me. You took away from me the person I love the most. I was devastated when Gio left me. Sa kaniya pa ako nagalit. Akala ko hindi siya nagpaliwanag pero pati 'yung paliwanag niya, pinagdamot niyo pa sa akin." mahinang sabi ko. My voice is full pain.