Chapter 22: Promise Me

Austin POV

It's been three days since Ally had her surgery and woken up. The doctors keep reminding her she can go home for the past two days but I think she's still a little worried about anything happening. I couldn't blame her. I mean, I would be too if I was her.

I'm just so happy she's getting better though. I mean I couldn't stop worrying about her, her eyes, her heart, her head, even her body.

I know I shouldn't be so worried but I love her.

"Austin!" Rydel yells bringing me out of my thoughts.

She said we were having a important family meeting. I don't have any idea why though. There hasn't been any arguing and huge problems I guess. But lately, they've been whispering to each other when I was around. The whole time this happens the same question pops into my head:

What did I do?

Now here we are (Rydel, Rocky, Riker, and Ellington) sitting in the living room facing each other.

Actually, why is Ellington here?

"So this is the official family meeting! The last time we had one was before we finally have Austin with us." Rydel beams and everybody nods except me because I am so confused by this event.

Ellington fiddles with his fingers as if he was awkward. Trust me, he does not feel as awkward as I was.

"So let's take roll!" Riker stands and gets a binder out labeled FAMILY MEETINGS INFORMATION (NOBODY TOUCH EXECPT RIKER). "Rydelly? Rocky? Ros- Austin?"

"Here!" Rydel and Rocky say and I mumble under my breath making them stare at me.

"Anyways, we all know everybody is here and blah blah blah. So, let's start with what the last meeting was about." Riker continues.

I barely listen because half of the things didn't actually have to be important to me so all I was hearing was blah blah blah. Blah blah this blah blah that blah blah everything in the world. I swear I'm the only one that is not understanding what is happening right now. I feel like a idiot.

"Okay now Rydel called this meeting, so back to her." Riker concludes his huge speech of blahness. Finally! I get to see why this is even happening.

Rydel stands up and walks in front of me. Her face showed her cheerily happy smile. But there's a different story with her eyes. They showed fear and worry in them. This can't be good for me. At all.

Rocky and Ellington showed interest however Riker was the same as Rydel. I don't get why I am the only one clueless? They must've talked about it before meeting with me. Wow, I feel amazing... Not.

"Austin, you know how you never met our parents? Well they're coming in two days. Ryland is coming also," Oh this is what it's about. Why is this making her so nervous though I'm not going to bite? "so I was wanting to tell you that this made be hard or awkward at first for you. Or it could be so emotional. I mean you are meeting your real parents.

Well I know how you felt when you found out about us." Rydel gestures to the rest of them, "you were shocked and confused and little mad. However, when you meet mom and dad, you will get so happy when you learn about them. They've never gave up on you. Never gave up on us becoming a whole family again. Plus, they can't wait to meet Ally also."

The mention of Ally made my heart skip a beat. I just want to go see her but this stinking meeting. I mean why are they so nervous? Are they worried I'll give a bad first impression? I don't have anything to hide.