chapter six

at this point, wooyoung was literally convinced he was the unluckiest man alive

"what?" wooyoung tried to be very subtle with his annoyance, but that deadpan was far from subtle.

choi san, who was standing in front of him with his hands in his pockets and had the same clothes on, gave him a deadbeat look before speaking; "i think you're gonna have to see this." he pointed back at his apartment with his thumb. wooyoung furrowed his eyebrows.

"i don't think there's anything i need to see at this time of day," he remarked, closing the door. "bye-"

before he could even complete his sentence, san wedged his hand between the door, holding it tight and using his strength to push it open. wooyoung stumbled back at the sudden force, staring at the boy wide-eyed. "what the fuck?!"

san sighed, running out of patience. he grabbed wooyoung by the wrist, dragging him into his apartment. wooyoung struggled under his grasp to no success. "what do you think you're doing?!" he yelled, trying to wriggle his hands out while san proceeded to stay quiet, pulling him into his bedroom.

"why the fuck are you taking me to your-" what he saw in front of him was enough to shut him up. it was also enough to make him want to dig a hole in the ground and die, right in front of san, who had let go of his grasp on wooyoung's wrist. instead, he just stood there, hands on his hips, looking at wooyoung and waiting for him to say or atleast do something.

wooyoung just stared, jaw dropped, at the sight of yeosang, a very drunk yeosang, flailed out on san's bed. out of all the times in his life that he'd embarrassed himself, this had to be the peak. wooyoung had never wanted to die or pass out or just go into hibernation for years on end this bad. he was a little too humiliated to even look at san at the moment, but the latter had no issue with boring holes into wooyoung's head with his eyes.

"my sunny one shines sOO sincere..." yeosang sang, stumbling over his words as he let out a drunken laugh. wooyoung closed his eyes on instinct, not wanting to witness any of this bullshit anymore. he buried his face in his hands, earning a conceited chuckle from san.

"he didn't even knock, you know." san said, crossing his arms. "he just barged right in here."

upon hearing that, wooyoung groaned and made a mental note to literally obliterate yeosang when he was sobered up. "sorry- i mean, he normally does this when he's drunk, just crashing in here and he's been doing it for like over a year now so he's made a habit out of it and..." he stopped, taking a deep breath.

"i get it." san responded, "now can you get him out of here?"

"but how did you know to call me over? you haven't seen him and i together before, right?"

"hmmm.." san crossed his arms in a complacent way, "two people that barged into my apartment consecutively, like they owned the place. i put the pieces together, of course."

"...did he notice you or look at your face, or something?"

san shook his head no. "why? you worried?" he joked.

"no. i just don't want to go through the trouble."

san nodded like he wasn't even listening in the first place. "take care of your friend, dude. i can't really afford to have my whereabouts out this quick."

even though he was being just, wooyoung was still annoyed. it was his fault for even moving into this apartment, anyway. "what makes you think i won't out your identity myself?" he jeered, crossing his arms.

san shrugged. "because you don't like me."

talk about straightforwardness. he was right, again, but the fact that he didn't even bother to beat around the bush and just went straight for it stunned wooyoung. he stared speechless, knowing he'd stutter if he opened that mouth of his.

"...that gives me more reason to do it." he said, having regained his composure.

"true. will you?"

"will i what?"

"reveal my identity?"

"no."

"there you have it." san concluded, having an all knowing look on his face. wooyoung was confused, and curious.

"how are you so sure?"

"you're nothing special, you know." he started off, shoving his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants. "i've met a lot of people like you."

now, he was making wooyoung look like the bad guy (which he probably was). not wanting to show that small percentage of guilt, he approached yeosang, trying to lift his practically dead body off the bed, and he slung the limp boy's arms around his neck.

"night," wooyoung said as he assisted yeosang out of the apartment; san only hummed in response before locking the door.

once in his own apartment, wooyoung threw yeosang onto his bed before falling onto it next to him, on his back. he stared at the ceiling, letting out a heavy sigh.

with choi san, it was like every little interaction left wooyoung hating him a little bit more.