chapter seventy one

wooyoung had decided to take the day off from work

there was no way he could face his colleagues and trainees after the stunt he'd just pulled. wooyoung sat down in front of the coffee table with his legs crossed, repeatedly refreshing his instagram page. in just a few minutes, he'd garnered over 500 requests. he knew he'd given up everything about himself while going public with san, but he didn't mention his instagram handle even once. choi san's fanbase was truly crazy.

after what his friends had told him yesterday, wooyoung's determination had reached a feverish pitch. he had to be the one to fix things on his own. if san made the first move and came back to him, then wooyoung would be guilty about it, forever. but no matter how forgiving san was, would he really come back to wooyoung after what he'd said to him? it seemed highly unlikely.

early in the morning, he'd gone to meet one of his former idol trainees, taehyun, who he was somewhat close with. wooyoung didn't really know who else to go to, when he was making a decision as crazy as this one. he didn't question at all why wooyoung so desperately needed the contact details of a journalist that worked for any major tabloid.

wooyoung knew this plan could backfire on him—he'd warned san of the same thing. he knew if he publicized their relationship, there was a high chance they would be met with heavy criticism. but this was what san wanted, anyway. once wooyoung had stopped caring about himself and let go of the fear of his identity being exposed, all there was left to worry about was san. choi san, who'd made wooyoung his first priority in every situation. and wooyoung had turned his back to him in the most dire situation. wooyoung had decided to do things san's way. after that... well. if things ended up going downhill, they'd slowly figure their way back up. for now, bringing san back was the most important thing. fixing their relationship was his priority.

he knew san was a busy man, but god, was he impatient. wooyoung kept his chin up and decided to trust the celebrity, and trust that his feelings hadn't washed away overnight. it was still selfish to hope so, but wooyoung had come to his senses and done everything in his power to bring san back. all he could do now, was wait. wait for a response.

if he was really honest, he didn't know where all the confidence and courage suddenly came from. wooyoung had just willingly stepped into the spotlight alongside choi san, one of korea's biggest stars. it wasn't an easy step, but for some reason, wooyoung didn't hesitate anymore. he'd done enough of that, and lost way too much in the process.

he sighed, still staring at his phone. the follow requests were piling up, and his friends had left him multiple missed calls—even people he hadn't spoken to in a long while were reaching out to him. even through all of that, there was still not a single sign from choi san. no call, no text, no nothing. even san's manager reached out to wooyoung before the celebrity did.

"why aren't you picking up your phone?!" yeosang exclaimed, barging in from the front door and wooyoung stared at him stupidly. what was he doing here? it was a monday, and he was supposed to be at work. mirae emerged from behind him, a pink tote bag in her hand. "i skipped work for this, you fuckhead. you are so going to be responsible if something happens to me."