chapter seventy three

wooyoung's heart was racing at the sound of the doorbell

it pounded even harder once he opened the door, and he was met with the face of the only person he'd been yearning for, all this time. at the sight of san, wooyoung relaxed his stiffened shoulders. san let out a breath of what seemed like relief as he silently stared back at wooyoung with those intense eyes of his.

it had hardly been two hours since he opened up to all his fans on live tv about their relationship. wooyoung knew he would come to see him, but he didn't know it would be this soon.

"we're just gonna.. go," mirae darted out of the apartment, tightly holding onto yeosang's wrist. "good luck to the two of you!"

a silence engulfed them, one that made him feel like they were the only two people in the world. san was still wearing the same clothes he'd seen him in on the show. realizing he was the one who needed to make the first move and apologize, wooyoung bravely decided to be the one to break the silence.

"...san—"

san was lunging towards him before he could even complete his sentence, as if he had been waiting for him to say his name. he hugged wooyoung tightly, holding him against his chest. "i missed you," he breathed, "i missed you so much."

i missed you, too. these last few days without you were hell. now i know your absence was the reason i found it so hard to wake up in the morning. wooyoung wanted to say a lot of peculiar things, but he held his tongue. "...i'm sorry, san. i really am," he said meekly, voice muffled by the cloth of san's shirt that he was pressed up against. "i didn't mean what i said back then."

"i know," san responded quickly, neither tightening or loosening his grip on wooyoung. he just held onto him with the same passion, as if he was taking in everything he had missed out on. "thank you."

now that san was right in front of him, wooyoung was at a loss for words. he had so much to say, but the thousands of words in his headspace shuffled and cluttered into a tangled mess as soon as he heard san's voice. "i said it in the heat of the moment," wooyoung rambled on, even though san had already accepted his apology. he felt like it wasn't enough. "i swear i didn't mean it when i said—"

"let's not talk about it, hmm?" san interrupted, reassuringly running a hand down wooyoung's hair. "we're back together, and that's all that matters."

as happy as he was to see san, wooyoung was still consumed by the guilt, even more now that san was willing to overlook his mistakes just like that. wooyoung pulled away, his hands on san's chest, and san looked down at him inquisitively. "can't you just tell me how you really feel?" wooyoung said exasperatedly. "you always look past my mistakes and you say you're okay, but i know you're not, san. i'd appreciate it much more if you were honest with me. i mean it."

san quietly looked into wooyoung's eyes as he processed his words, and a small smile stretched across his face. "you're right," he began, brushing wooyoung's hair behind his ear. "what you said hurt me a lot that day, and i was really upset for a while. but trust me when i say i'm fine now, wooyoung. i really am, because of you. thank you for being so brave for me," he caressed his cheek, referring to wooyoung's courageous act of coming out about their relationship to the public.