chapter seventy

there was only so many shows that san could put off, using the scandal as an excuse

he'd managed to skip two so far, but if he avoided any more than this, it'd cost his agency a ton. he would do his best to deflect so he wouldn't be asked any questions about the scandal, even though he probably wouldn't. the producers of the show hadn't been given a green light to do so. san was completely back to his normal life, but for some reason, it was taking him a while to adjust.

first of all, no matter how hard he tried, wooyoung's face kept popping up in his mind like a mole. more specifically, the things he'd said to him. they way he'd wronged him. san initially felt stupid for even thinking wooyoung would actually feel the same way about him, or even take him seriously. after all, he was an anti-fan from the very start. the act he'd put up was pretty convincing.

after the rage that bubbled inside him in the previous week had calmed down, san couldn't help but make excuses for wooyoung. maybe he'd said it in the spur of the moment. maybe he did love him back, after all. maybe he didn't mean any of it. maybe san had hurt him, somehow. it was frustrating how no matter what wooyoung did, san tried to justify it for him. no matter how severe it was. he'd make excuses for the rest of his life if it meant he could stay by wooyoung's side, no matter how much he hurt himself in the process.

san couldn't stay upset at him. every inch of him wanted to go running back to his place and hold him in his arms once more, and tell him that he could hurt him all he wanted. he knew he looked stupid, like an abandoned dog waiting for its owner. this time, wooyoung's words had truly hurt him, if he looked past all the excuses he made. that, along with wooyoung's adamancy to go public about their relationship, were the only two things stopping san from dropping everything and going back to him, right in that moment.

he made his way into his agency's building, choosing to wait for seonghwa so they could head to the studio together. it was a sensitive time and san didn't want to be engulfed by reporters and paparazzi, so his boss declared that he wouldn't be able to use his personal car for a while, even though he wanted to. his manager would be driving him instead, like he always did.

"how's my favorite celeb!" seonghwa greeted, dressed in a long khaki coat, a white t-shirt and jeans. he was wearing a black mask and cap, like san. "good morning," he said cheerfully, slinging an arm around san's shoulder.

"you look happy today," san pointed out, and seonghwa chuckled.

"i had a good night's sleep, if you know what i mean..." he said coyly and winked down at san.

san scoffed, covering his mouth with his hand. "the blondie? hongjoong?!"

seonghwa shrugged and shoved his hands into the pockets of his coat, confirming san's suspicions. san shook his head in dismay.

"dude, you've hardly known him for like, 2 weeks!" he whisper-yelled, smacking seonghwa's arm. "is it really that hard for you to keep it in your pants?" he dissed, and seonghwa nodded shamelessly.