chapter fifty one

"

"...why don't you stay here for the night?"

when those few words made their way out of san's mouth, wooyoung didn't really know what he expected—maybe they'd have a movie night, or maybe they'd have a couple drinks—but it definitely wasn't this.

he shifted in his place uncomfortably, fixing his eyes on the ceiling as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. san, as composed and calm as ever, was lying down beside him, scrolling through his instagram feed. the skin of his arms pressed against wooyoung's, causing the shorter to clutch the blankets in unease. 

now of course, this situation wasn't the first of it's kind for wooyoung. he often crashed in the same bed as yeosang when they were both piss-drunk or if it'd gotten too late for one of them to return home, and boy were the both of them messy sleeper types that completely invaded each other's private space. but why did this feel different?

wooyoung exhaled, deciding to let go of the uncomfortable feeling that caused his entire body to warm up, from his head to his toes. the room was darkened and a golden hue from the window, thanks to the traffic and street lights, was the only thing allowing wooyoung to take note of his otherwise black surroundings. the noise from outside made him feel less awkward and alone. 

"hey, look at this," san said, chuckling at something on his phone and shifting closer for wooyoung to see better. wooyoung squinted at the bright screen curiously. 

"you find this kind of stuff funny?" wooyoung scoffed in amusement at the reel of a dog running around in a chucky costume. 

"what?" san dragged defensively, still chuckling. "it's hilarious."

wooyoung shook his head. "aren't you going to sleep?" he asked and san lifted his attention away from his phone to look at him. "you have work tomorrow."

"i'm not tired yet," san replied, turning on his side so he was completely facing wooyoung. "maybe because you're next to me."

wooyoung rolled his eyes at the coy excuse. silly flirty remarks like the one he'd just said seemed to be san's forte, seeing how they came to him so naturally. he turned away from san, tucking his hand under his head. "suit yourself," he mumbled and let out a yawn. "i'm going to sleep. goodnight."

"don't be like that," san groaned and pulled wooyoung by his arm. "let's talk for a little while. hmm?" he completed, successfully turning wooyoung back so they were facing each other again.

"what's there to talk about at a time like this?" wooyoung knitted his eyebrows in annoyance. if san really called wooyoung over so they could stay up, he should've never let him lay down on a bed so cozy and inviting. wooyoung was practically sinking into the mattress from how comfortable and soft it was. maybe the reason he couldn't sleep this well at his own place was because the mattress was all worn out?

"you owe it to me," san frowned, using the situation to his advantage. "hey. tell me honestly. do you really think i'm a terrible actor? i wanna hear it from the sober you. and don't lie to me."