chapter seventy five

wooyoung knew facing his colleagues wouldn't be an easy task, being aware of the severity of everything he'd just done

hiding a relationship from your friends was one thing. hiding your relationship with a celebrity, well... that was on a completely different level of unforgivable.

his head hung low as he sat on the studio's floor with his legs crossed, and the rest of the boys just glared at him. except hongjoong, of course.

"he had no other choice but to keep it from you guys!" hongjoong defended, "so can you all just stop staring at him like that? i'm sure wooyoung has gone through a lot these past few days, and he doesn't need you guys on his ass about it as well."

wooyoung pursed his lips, hoping the boys would take hongjoong's advice, even though he knew he deserved this. they had the right to feel wronged, especially because they were some of his closest friends. they'd shared almost everything about themselves with each other. from next to him, mingi groaned.

"still, it's choi san that we're talking about! wooyoung, didn't you say you hated him?"

"right?" jongho chimed in, crossing his arms suspiciously. "what kind of enemies to lovers bullshit is this?"

"i'm sorry, to all of you, i really am," wooyoung mumbled despondently, not daring to lift his head. "i didn't mean to keep it a secret from all of you, but i really had no choice. if i ever told anybody about it then i was putting him at a risk as well. i'm not saying i don't trust you guys, but i just, you know, i didn't wanna take the risk! i was eventually going to tell all of you.."

yunho sighed at wooyoung's rambling, scooting closer. "guys, just listen to hongjoong's advice and get off his back. he's really been through a lot, but still, he came here to personally apologize to all of you. can't you be grateful for that, at the very least?"

the room was submerged in dubious silence, and wooyoung bit down on his lip. he hated being cornered like this. still, he decided not to turn around and walk away anymore whenever there was an obstacle in his path. he would face it head on and deal with the issue at hand, and do his best to move past it. it was what he'd learned from san; to fight against all the odds when it came to the things you loved. he'd never let anything that was important to him slip from his hands ever again.

mingi sighed. "i guess you're right. i'm sorry, woo," he apologized, placing a hand on wooyoung's back. "i was just shocked, and hurt that you didn't tell us. i understand why you didn't, though. i'm sorry."

"i'm the one who should be apologizing," wooyoung mumbled, finally lifting his head, but his gaze was still fixed onto the ground. "i'm sorry for keeping it a secret from all of you."

mingi nodded. "it's alright. i'm just... surprised that you managed to get the choi san to actually commit. i was literally convinced the man wouldn't settle down until he was older and by then, he would probably be balding so there would be no point."