chapter sixty six

wooyoung's leg bounced up and down in anxiety as he sat on his couch, waiting for choi san to show up

wooyoung's leg bounced up and down in anxiety as he sat on his couch, waiting for choi san to show up. for the past few hours, all he had been doing was refreshing his instagram page, hoping, praying that he wouldn't be bombarded by a thousand message and follow requests from san's lunatic fans. though he was safe for now, if san's agency didn't shut down the rumors soon, it was only a matter of time before wooyoung's identity was exposed.

he clicked his tongue, growing more and more impatient. it'd been five hours since the article was released and still, his agency hadn't announced anything. were they trying to make things worse for their artists, or what? and how could san even think about going public? did he really not care for his career and reputation at all? he never thought about the consequences of his actions, and was always reckless and carefree. maybe he thought his fans would forgive him no matter what, but people will take only so much before they turn their backs on you.

wooyoung didn't know how he wanted to go about things with san, but publicizing everything was the last thing he intended to do. he knew san would feel let down and upset—he sounded sad over the phone—but they didn't really have any other choice. they were truly fighting with fire, when it came to their relationship.  and wooyoung didn't really want to face the entire world on his own like that. 

as the hours passed, he realized more and more how careless he'd been. he was always a logical and rational person, but san somehow brought his guard down and confused him. he should've never initiated things with the celebrity in the first place. it was like he'd walked blindfolded into a pit that he couldn't get out of, and there was no one to blame but himself. he exasperatedly ran a hand through his hair. what would become of them now? there was no way they could go on like they had until now... people would just find them once more. no matter what happened, wooyoung didn't want to think about san potentially leaving his side. although, there was really no other way out of this. 

wooyoung jerked up as the ring of the doorbell snapped him out of his thoughts, and he ran towards the door. he let out a breath, preparing himself for what was to come, before opening the door slowly.

choi san, who was wearing his mask down to his chin, opened the door wide and shut it behind him, before steadily holding wooyoung by the arms. "tell me," he said eagerly, "what are you so worried about? you know i can make this work for us, right? i will."

he was panting like he'd run all the way here, and his concerned, intense eyes bore holes into wooyoung. all the dancer could do was look back at him like a deer caught in headlights. "san..." he said meekly.

"don't you trust me, woo? we'll be just fine! just give me a few weeks, and i'll fix all of this—"

"that's the thing, san," wooyoung interrupted, finally gathering the confidence to speak his mind. "you can't. you can't fix any of this, because no matter how far it dies down, people are still going to be talking about it. and they'll talk about it until it lasts."