chapter fifty seven

san stretched his legs out and crossed it over the coffee table, slouching on his couch

san stretched his legs out and crossed it over the coffee table, slouching on his couch. he stared at the time on his phone, waiting for another few hours to go by quickly.

without work, all san could do was pass the time until wooyoung got back home so they could finally hang out. he spent his morning at the gym, occasionally glancing at the time. he went to a restaurant with seonghwa for lunch, still glancing at the time at random intervals. and then, he spent the rest of his afternoon and the early minutes of evening, staring at the time. he almost felt like a dog waiting on its owner. he wouldn't have it any other way, though; there was really almost no one else he looked forward to seeing, or any other person he wanted to spend his time with. 

he bit down on his lip in frustration, glaring at the time on the screen as if it would make the seconds go by faster. it was only half past twelve. wooyoung usually got off of work at six or seven, and san really didn't want to wait that long. he'd even messaged wooyoung earlier, telling him to come straight to his apartment once he was back, but he seenzoned him like always so san wasn't really certain. 

"are you really going to stare at your lock screen all day?" the intruder, park seonghwa said, approaching from the kitchen with a cup of noodles in his hand. "i'm convinced you're in love with him at this point."

"you wouldn't know the feeling of having someone to wait on so just keep slurping your noodles like the loner you are," san retorted and flicked the device on again. only a minute had passed. he shook his feet impatiently and seonghwa plopped down next to him quietly, having chosen peace instead of violence over san's insulting words.

"i won't blame you, though. the guy's cute as fuck."

"put your hands on him even once and i'll rip the hairs out of your head one by one so you can really take in the pain," san snapped. he knew what kind of guy seonghwa was, and he was already regretting inviting him over for the carnival with wooyoung. it was too late either way.

san had always been short-tempered and seonghwa was usually the only person capable of relaxing his nerves, but he was capable of testing his patience more than anybody else when it came to things like this. he wasn't the kind to give up on something easily just because san wanted it as well. 

seonghwa smiled, cheeks puffed with all the food in his mouth. "i love you too," he said. "but what kind of guy is he? he seemed so cold and distant when we worked with him for the film. i'm curious how you managed to pull a guy as closed off as him."

his words made san feel satisfied. san knew he was good looking and charming, but if he was completely honest, he didn't really expect for wooyoung to reciprocate like everyone else. he was a tough nut to crack after all. "you're right. he's cold and indifferent to everything, and he's calculated and rational. he's smart, too," san said and turned to face seonghwa. "which means he'll never go for a guy like you. so stay away from him."

"relax," seonghwa defended himself playfully, "he's all yours."

"you think you can fool me? i saw the way you looked at him that night, you manwhore."