chapter sixty two

"it's starting to get dark outside

"it's starting to get dark outside.." hongjoong pointed out, peering at the window to their far left. wooyoung's friends had gone through the trouble of running around the carnival in search for a restaurant that could give the two celebrities the privacy and seclusion they needed. after maybe 20 minutes, they'd finally found a big restaurant with a few tables to the far corner, hidden from everyone else. san had wolfed down his food as soon as it came because he had been starving for a proper meal. 

the rest of them wanted to roam around and have fun instead of stopping to sit down for a while and eat, so they'd settled on fish cakes for lunch before trying out all the rides and games there. san couldn't even eat with them, because they were standing amidst a crowd and there was no way he would survive pulling his mask down. seonghwa was so hungry, he took a stick of fish cakes and ran around for a whole ten minutes in search of a washroom to eat it in, but san couldn't bring himself to do so because, well, it was unsanitary.

it was half past seven before san knew it. he stretched back against the chair, feeling stuffed and bloated from how much food he'd gobbled down. it had been a long day and everyone else was already exhausted from running around here and there, but this was nothing to choi san. when you're big in the film industry, you practically have no time to yourself. this was almost similar to a rest day for him. he'd surprisingly enjoyed the time he spent with wooyoung and his friends—san had initially insisted on joining as an excuse to spend more time with wooyoung. rides and games were all childish to him, but anything was fine as long as san was doing it with him. although, he ended up enjoying all the rides more than anybody else. it was just irritating that all of wooyoung's friends kept talking san up, keeping him busy and as a result, he didn't even get to talk to wooyoung much. that was the only downside of it.

"we still have the ferris wheel left," mirae mentioned. she too looked fatigued, but she was hellbent on trying out every single ride at the carnival.

"hey, you're tired like the rest of us," yeosang pointed out brusquely. "just sit down and relax, will you? we've been running around like rats all day 'cus of you."

mirae crossed her arms, an offended look etched on her face."you guys are the ones that wanted to go, not me!" she exclaimed indignantly. the pair started to argue back and forth, and san decided it wasn't worth his attention. he looked at wooyoung, who was sitting right across him and sipping on his mango juice. come to think of it, everybody seemed exhausted except for the two of them. this seemed like the perfect excuse. san picked up his phone that was lying facedown on the table and quickly sent out a message to wooyoung. 

"Do you want to go on the ferris wheel together?🎡"

he looked up and stared at wooyoung's phone, waiting for it to ding, but it never did. san's upper lip twitched in slight anger. did he have him on mute?

"i'm going to the washroom," wooyoung announced to everybody at the table, and san glared at his back as he walked away. then again, what did he expect from someone like wooyoung? the guy had always been horrid at texting, so much that san didn't even feel like messaging him at times. most of his replies were just a single word or the two blue ticks. but he showed san that he actually cared to his face, and that was all that matters. he was still a bit annoyed, though.