chapter thirty one

wooyoung would give up everything he owned if it meant he could live the previous day again so he could do things differently

wooyoung would give up everything he owned if it meant he could live the previous day again so he could do things differently. what he had done was a grave mistake; allowing himself to loosen up like that and willingly accompanying choi san, even if it was just for a movie.

"you.. kissed your neighbor?" yeosang stammered and stared at wooyoung from the opposite of the circular dining table, his eyes as wide as saucers.

much to his luck and much to wooyoung's surprise, yeosang had finally gotten himself a job. to celebrate the occasion he had decided to treat just wooyoung to dinner at a fancy restaurant for some reason, but of course, wooyoung had to ruin the mood by being vocal about what had been bothering him the whole day.

wooyoung slumped his shoulders. he'd spent the entirety of his day beating himself up without sparing even a second to sympathize with himself and it had drained his energy. now, all he felt was hopeless.

"but didn't you say your neighbor was a guy? i knew it!" yeosang exclaimed like he'd made a ground-breaking discovery. "there was something so suspicious about the way you looked at zo in-sung's magazine pictures when we were in high school."

"that's not what this conversation is about!" wooyoung grumbled, fighting the urge to punch yeosang in the face. he was already exasperated as it was and yeosang not taking him seriously was only making things worse. "did you miss the part where i said i kissed him?? meaning we locked lips? me and my NEIGHBOR?"

yeosang blinked in confusion. the people around them gave wooyoung and yeosang weird looks and wooyoung shuffled awkwardly in his seat, immediately regretting raising his voice like that. "okay, you kissed the guy." yeosang said like it meant absolutely nothing. his tone was so laid back, he almost convinced wooyoung that it was not a big deal after all. "so what now? are you together? or is it like, a friends with benefits thing for now?" he continued, leaning forward interestedly and wooyoung sighed.

of course, talking with yeosang would be of zero help. not just because the guy had a pea for a brain but because wooyoung obviously couldn't tell him exactly why it was so inappropriate that he had kissed his neighbor of all people—because his neighbor was not just any other person, he was choi san.

"you're not getting the point. i mean, it would've been fine if it was anyone else, but not my neighbor. not him, you know. let's just say he's off limits as a person." wooyoung rambled and justified, piquing yeosang's interest further. this absolute dimwit. instead of offering his best friend some useful advice, he used him as a source of entertainment.

"why? is he like, a chaebol or something?"

"eh, something similar to that. now you get why i say he's off limits, right? so what do i do now?" wooyoung whined, kicking his feet in frustration. no matter how long and hard he thought about it, there was literally nothing he could do to make things less awkward for himself in case he inevitably crossed paths with choi san again.