chapter fourteen

it was almost 10pm when wooyoung had started heading back home from the studio

he too, was surprised at himself for having pushed his own limits unlike any other day. and for that, he had his few days of 8 hours of undisturbed sleep to thank.

"see you guys next week," wooyoung bid goodbye to mingi and jongho, two of his other friends besides yeosang, who were also choreographers.

"man," hongjoong sighed, walking next to him, "i chose this profession just because i wanted the easy way out and didn't wanna be working all the time. this shit is more exhausting than i thought."

it wasn't like hongjoong hated his job, or anything. he'd just been in the profession for too long and he was bound to get sick of it, someday or the other.

wooyoung snorted at his comment either way. "i feel you, man. the things i'd sacrifice just to be able to lie around all day for atleast 2 weeks straight." he responded, as if he didn't already spend his time out of work moping and lazing around. but it's okay to let out a little white lie once in a while, right? especially when you're someone that can't help but be passive in conversations and has to say something or the other just to keep the talk going.

"right?" hongjoong said in agreement, letting out another sigh of exhaustion. "anyways, me and some of the guys are going to the movies this weekend. they're probably even more exhausted than i am, so i figured, well, why not, right? you wanna come along?"

"this weekend?" he hesitated in response. not that he had any plans in specific, but that was the point. he didn't want to have plans. then again, it wasn't good to be all cooped up inside the house all the time. it'd been ages since he properly interacted with someone that wasn't yeosang. "yeah, sure. i'm down."

"great!" hongjoong exclaimed, slinging an arm around wooyoung's shoulder. "we're going to watch a rerun of that movie, until may. you remember? choi san's movie."

wooyoung groaned internally. "yeah, i remember. we watched it together with yeosang when it first came out." he paused, "do we really have to watch that one, though? i heard there's a plenty of good new releases running right now."

he would let his path indirectly cross with san's once again, over his dead body.

"oh, yeah, i forgot how much you hated the dude." hongjoong laughed, referring to choi san. "but you gotta admit, it's a good movie, man."

wooyoung only huffed in response. "fine, i guess. it's not that big of a deal anyways." he said, giving in. the one thing that wooyoung disliked was immaturity, especially when it was coming from himself. now how childish would it be to cancel plans just because the actor you don't like is going to be in the movie your friends want to watch? as much as he hated to admit it, choi san was one of the very few people capable of bringing wooyoung's immature side out.

hongjoong patted wooyoung's back. "i'll catch a taxi from here. have a good night, woo." he said before turning away and making his way down the footpath.