chapter forty five

wooyoung didn't know how he was gonna wriggle his way out of this one

he rubbed his sweaty palms on his jeans, not even daring to make eye contact with yeosang who was just sitting across them wide-eyed, gaze never shifting from san. from his peripheral vision he could see choi san. he was more laid back than ever. his mask was down to his chin and his arms were crossed, fingers tapping impatiently. yunho, equally as stupefied, just sat there with his hands covering his mouth. wooyoung gulped. the arrangement was almost like introducing your partner to your conservative parents, and your partner just so happened to be an infamous, lawless drug-lord. okay, maybe it wasn't that bad. maybe it was worse.

wooyoung's racing heartbeat picked up with every second that passed, and the heavy silence in the room was almost unbearable. he really wished his sofa came with a built-in ejector button that he could press to escape awkward situations such as this one, like some weird rendition of a game of among us. 

what baffled him most was, how was san so laid back?! this was worse for him, if anything. his location and identity, all of it had been exposed to the biggest chatterbox on planet earth. wouldn't this mean he'd have to move out, or something?

"woo... your boyfriend is... choi san?" yeosang uttered out each word carefully, finally putting an end to the deafening silence. wooyoung cut him off almost in the speed of light as if he didn't want to sell the silence another second. 

"he's not my boyfriend," he shut down immediately, and san turned to him with an offended look on his face. wooyoung completely disregarded it and continued to speak, "we're just friends."

san lowered his eyebrows, like each of wooyoung's words were a heavy blow. yeosang scoffed. "friends don't kiss each other, you dipshit." he stated matter-of-factly, earning a snort from san. 

"so this whole time," yunho began, his hands dropping down slowly. "this whole time, your neighbor was the choi san. and you didn't tell us?"

"is that even a question? why the fuck would i tell either of you?!" he exclaimed annoyedly, trying to turn the blame away from himself. 

"i asked him not to," san chimed in, defending wooyoung. "it would be disadvantageous to me if people knew where i was."

wooyoung turned to look at san. he was relaxed and had a friendly smile on his face, and wooyoung couldn't help but envy him. he wasn't the one that was going to be beaten into a pulp for this shared secret. 

"we won't tell," yunho responded and yeosang concurred, nodding his head vehemently.

"mm, well. i'll take your word for it. not like i have any other choice," san chuckled. "now if you don't mind, can i borrow our mutual friend?" he continued, indirectly attacking wooyoung's previous choice of words. "we have somewhere to be."

he couldn't have been serious. they'd literally been caught red-handed by the two biggest menaces wooyoung knew, and all he could think about was his plans for the day? did he really think yeosang would let them go that easily?