chapter forty

wooyoung didn't know what he was feeling or why he was feeling it

wooyoung didn't know what he was feeling or why he was feeling it. all he knew was that it was discomforting and it made him want to curl up in a ball and sleep until it left him. 

for some reason, he felt like he'd been let down. but by who? choi san or himself? he was the one who told the actor that nothing could ever happen between them. what gave him the right to feel all giddy and disoriented just because he'd gone and kissed someone else? the horrible feeling had now engulfed all of his insides and wooyoung could feel his heart beat in his throat.

still, it had hardly been 24 hours since that conversation. did he really move on from things that quick? one second he was saying he really wanted to kiss wooyoung again, and the next second his lips were locked with someone else's. 

now all the hatred he held for san even after their kiss, even after all the positive moments they'd shared; it all began to make sense. maybe by some gut instinct, wooyoung had a feeling deep down in there that san was really just toying around with him and meant nothing serious. maybe that's why wooyoung was so adamant on clinging on to the hatred he had for choi san.

he couldn't help but beat himself up for his thoughts. he himself didn't want anything serious with choi san nor did he intend on going further with him. all he wanted was to forget. did he even have the right to be angry? was it justified to blame choi san for something he himself had wanted?

"hey, woo, are you okay?" mirae asked concernedly, waving her hand in front of wooyoung's face. he was practically frozen in his spot and he didn't even know for how long he'd been sitting like that, lost deep in his thoughts.

"huh? oh, yeah." wooyoung replied awkwardly. mirae nodded, unconvinced, but she proceeded to speak. 

"that guy's doing this on purpose at this point. i mean, how many scandals has he had so far, and how many more does he plan on having? he's a player, to put it simply," she said with a sour expression on her face. her tone sounded like she didn't even like the taste of choi san's name rolling down her tongue. "ugh, i just dislike him so much." that makes two of us.

the mere mention of his name worsened wooyoung's condition and he began to feel sick. the waitress finally approached their table, placing their plates down and exchanging courteous smiles with mirae. wooyoung hesitantly picked up his fork, hoping at least eating would help him temporarily get his mind off of things and forget, but it didn't. all he could do was play with his food as he had completely lost his appetite and felt weak all over. 

he felt bad for having to do this in front of mirae of all people especially because he had brought her there to thank her. she placed her palm against wooyoung's forehead. "you're burning up," she widened her eyes, "wooyoung, are you sure you're okay? the hospital is right by, we can go if you want-"

"no, it's okay," wooyoung shook his head, "we haven't even eaten yet. don't mind me, i'm totally fine," he completed, forcefully shoving the noodles in his mouth in an attempt to make her stop worrying. it didn't really seem to work, though.