Chapter 3

"We're fully booked for the night, ma'am. I'm sorry."

We've stopped by at least 5 hotels and all of them were fully booked. I shut my eyes close, preventing to scream out of frustration.

"Okay, thank you."

Now I had to walk back to Nicolas' car for the fifth time, still unsuccessful of booking a hotel. I was already very embarrassed because it's becoming so late and he's still driving me around the city.

Based from my days of keeping up with his life, I knew he was very busy. And I was taking so much of his time that should've been for resting!

"I'm sorry. I know I've been such a hassle." I said when I got back to his car. He didn't come with me inside the hotels because he might get recognized and we didn't want to cause a commotion. "You could just drop me off at the side of the road. I'll wait for a cab and figure it out." I tell him.

One of his hand was resting on the steering wheel while the other was on the car door, as he massaged it on his head. He was in deep thought. It took a few seconds before he shook his head.

"It's too dangerous leaving you alone here." He says and proceeds to start the engine again.

"Where are we going?" I said.

    Does he know a hotel? Am I finally going to get out of this misery? Well, not actually a misery. I've spent the past couple hours inside Nicolas' car. It wasn't that much of an inconvenience on my part.

"My apartment."

If I was drinking something right now, I would've spilled it all over his BMW. What did he just say? We were going to his apartment?

I was quiet as he started to drive. My thoughts were going everywhere and my heart was beating so loud in my chest that I was starting to think he could hear it. Good thing his stereo was on so the music drowned out the awkwardness since I was very silent.

I was getting very anxious, not until a familiar song started playing.

"Why can't we be friends, when we are lovers.." I started singing along so softly so that he couldn't hear it. I thought my voice was low enough but he suddenly turned to me.

"You know this?" he asks, glancing at me and then back at the road.

"I love The 1975." I tell him with a smile.

"Me too." He said, also smiling now.

Actually, I knew about that band because of him. He used to post it on his story and I also remember him painting something inspired by one of their songs. Now, I didn't just get into The 1975 because of him, I genuinely liked their music.

"Instead of calling me out, you should be pulling me in." We both sang together and even did the accent like how the vocalist sings it which made us look at each other before bursting into laughter.

"Your accent's good." he says.

"Well, I'm partly British so I guess it comes naturally." I said in a slight British accent. My accent was bad, it made him laugh.

Fuck.

This is the second time I've heard him laugh and I don't think I will be able to handle a third one. I think I'll turn into a puddle on the floor.

"You are?" he says, amused. I nodded.

"What about you? Are you all American?" I asked to keep the conversation going even if I knew he was partly Japanese.