Chapter 6

"I'll get going now. Don't forget to eat lunch." He says before walking out the door for another shoot.

    I hadn't realized a week has passed ever since I started staying in Nick's apartment. The days went on just like that. I'd cook him breakfast and then he'd go to a shoot. Sometimes I just stay inside or I search for jobs around the city to help pay for the apartment I was going to buy.

    Today, Yanny invited me to go out. She's actually been inviting me for a while now but I kept looking for excuses not to go.

    I didn't know what to tell Yanny if she asks to sleepover. But, I couldn't avoid her for long. I wouldn't want her to think there was a problem between us and also, maybe she'd catch on that I was being shady.

    "Skyler!" Yanny yells from a mile away when she asked to meet at a café in Waverley street.

    I looked around to see a few people looking our way because of Yanny's loud voice. "Shh." I tell her when we got closer to each other.

   "I miss you." She says, wiping the invisible tears on her eyes. I laughed.

    I missed her too.

    "Why have you been so busy? I thought you've settled in already. It's been over a week now." She says as we sat at the outdoor chairs at the café. She ordered for us earlier so now all she was doing was interrogate me. I tried my best to act normally.

    "I'm just getting used to the adult life, you know. Living alone and stuff." I said.

    Yanny nodded. "I guess it takes a little getting used to." she says, nodding innocently.

    Oh, Yanny. You have no idea what I've been getting used to.

    Wait, that sounds a little dirty.

    I shake the thoughts away.

    My god, Skyler.

    "What about you? What's been keeping you busy?" I tried to divert the conversation towards Yanny.

    I couldn't handle it if she asks more questions. I was good at lying but I can't lie to Yanny that long. She knows me too well.

    While Yanny was busy telling me about her hot neighbor in her apartment building, I opened my phone discreetly from below the table to see check why it vibrated.

    I looked at it in shock when I saw who texted. I look at Yanny again and saw that she was busy talking so I read the text message quietly.

    From: Nick

    I think I'm going to finish early. Are you still with your cousin?

    I looked up at Yanny to check on her again before I looked back at my phone. It was still a little surreal to me that I was texting Nicolas. Having Yanny here reminded me of the time when I used to tell her about me commenting on Nicolas' posts and him liking it.

    Now I was texting him.

    Texting. Him.

    How is that even real?

    I typed a reply before sending it to him.

    To: Nick

    yep

   It didn't take long before he replied.

    From: Nick

    Tell me when you're done. I'll pick you up.