Chapter 10

It was the end of another long and tiring week. I had just finished four tests and consecutive shifts at the bookstore and my other jobs. Its been exhausting. I don't know why lately I've been feeling more tired than usual.

    Actually, I do know.

    I've been filled with less motivation to do anything because of how Nick was treating me. It didn't change since that party. He's still so cold. I try my best to talk to him and at least bring back how we were before he changed.

    At least the friendship.

    If I can't have more of that, then at least that.

    I'm starting to second guess if my decision to stay was right. He asked me to stay but he was acting like it was better if I left. He was a little confusing to me. If he was a painting, he would be abstract right now.

    "Good morning!" I greet him cheerfully when he got out of his room. It was Sunday morning and I had just cooked breakfast.

    He only gave me a small smile.

    Ouch.

    I don't really know why I hurt myself with greeting him like that every morning, hoping he'd go back to how he was before. I missed seeing him smile widely every time he sees the food on the table.

    It's fine. It's fine, Skyler.

    The more he's like this the easier it is when I leave.

    Nick went out today because he had somewhere to go to. I'm guessing he had another shoot or an event today. I didn't want to stay at his apartment all day because I might just end up getting more sad so I decided to go out.

    I was in Soho, looking for things to buy. There are a couple good vintage stores here and I was looking for some decor for when I move in to my new apartment. I've checked my balance and saw that it's going to take only a couple shifts for me to finally be able to pay the lease.

    I've finished walking around and I found myself walking inside a mall. I was inside a boutique for clothes, looking at some shirts when I suddenly bumped into someone.

    "Sorry!" I say when they dropped what they were carrying. I helped pick up the stuff that fell and looked up to give it to the person I bumped into.

    "It's you." A certain blonde told me.

    "Huh?" I was confused.

    Who was he?

    "Right, she probably doesn't remember me." he nods to himself. "Ashton." He says, looking at me again.

    Understanding slowly crossed me when I realize who he is.

    I gave him a smile. "Right. From the party. I'm sorry if I said something mean or anything. I wasn't myself that night." I said.

    "It's okay. I figured you weren't." he says, giving me a kind smile, saying it was okay.

    "Did I?"

   "What?" he replied.

    "Say something bad?" I tilted my head, scared of his answer.

    "You were pretty mean." he says, with a look on his face that looked hurt. I widen my eyes at what he just said. That's it, I'm really never ever going to drink again.