Chapter 4

I woke up to the sun leaks from the window hitting my face. I looked at my phone to see what time it was. I groaned when I saw that it was only 7 am.

    I sat up, squinting.

    I look around and slowly realize where I was. My eyes widened and I immediately stood up. I covered my mouth with both my hands as I screamed internally. I even jumped up and down with the realization of where I currently was.

    So it wasn't all a dream?

    He's probably sleeping in the other room right now.

    I slowly went in the bathroom inside of the guest room to wash my face and brush my teeth. I looked at myself in the mirror and combed my hair. I was tempted to put on a little make up but I remembered how Nick had already seen me hit rock bottom yesterday so whatever thoughts he had of me wouldn't change.

    I went out of the room and saw that no one was around. He was still sleeping.

    I hear my stomach rumbling. Right, I only had hot chocolate at the café for dinner last night. I covered my mouth with the realization. Nick. He was with me all night. He didn't get to eat dinner too!

    I went to the kitchen to check the fridge. I wasn't shocked to see it was full. He probably has an assistant that fills his fridge every week or something like that.

    I took out breakfast food and made hash browns, bacon, egg, sausage, and some fried rice. We were both Asians so he probably liked rice too, right? I don't know.

    What I knew was that I had to make it up to him. I hassled him all night and even made him skip a meal. He also let me stay at his apartment. This was the least I could do.

    Cooking food I got from his own fridge that we were both going to eat isn't really 'making it up' to him but that was a start. I'll just treat him some other time when I get my allowance.

    That was what I told myself as I cooked.

    I had finished cooking and preparing everything on the table when he came out, wearing a shirt and his sweatpants. He was still rubbing his eyes as he went out the room.

    He looks like that in the morning?

    How is that even fair?

    His eyes landed on me and he smiled. "Good morning." he says. Then it landed on the dining table and he looked at me in shock.

    "You cooked." he stated.

    "I just remembered we both didn't get to eat dinner last night. I wanted to make it up to you. I hope you don't mind. Don't worry, I'll treat you to a proper dinn—"

    "I haven't had a meal like this in so long." he says and immediately sits on the stool on the kitchen island. I was a little shocked to see him getting one from each food on the table with a wide smile on his face.

    Is he really that hungry?

    He motioned for me to sit across from him so I did. I started to eat and I almost yelled a loud 'wow' with how good it was. I was very hungry.

    I looked at him as he ate. He looked at me and smiled when he noticed me staring. I immediately looked away. I could imagine this scenario every morning. Him waking up and eating in front of me, looking like that.

    God, I could get used to this.

    No!

   Sky, shut up.