Chapter 14

"Nick, don't use that car tonight. I heard press found out you take that in going home."

    I have grown accustomed to this kind of life. Hiding from cameras, even if my job was to be in front of it. It was a little ironic, actually. People would think my life was this glamorous adventure because of what I do, and yes, it might be that sometimes but it's all just external stuff. My life was pretty monotone. Just a series of routines, restrictions, and getting used to the same things over and over again.

    I've never really been close to anyone too. Not because I didn't want to, it was only because I didn't know how. My parents weren't there for most of my life to teach me what loving and being loved was. I had to learn how to take care of myself. Of course, a lot of therapy helped.

    Mel, my assistant, suggested I get one when I was going through the toughest years of my life—when I found out my father was marrying another woman.

    skysecrets this is so pretty. but it feels lonely. hope u're doing okay :(

    I read another comment from this account. It made me smile a little. I did find it difficult to have this big platform and have a lot of people watching my every move, but it was also quite comforting to know that there were people out there that like me enough to think of how I was doing.

    "Your smiling at your phone again. Is there, finally, a girl now?" Mel asked me one time in the middle of a break from yet another shoot.

    I shook my head at him. "You know I'm not into that kind of stuff." I immediately denied.

    skysecrets i missed you ;((

    Actually, I've noticed this account for some time now. It wasn't really difficult to miss since it's been commenting on my paintings ever since the first photo I posted. At first I didn't really care that much, but it looks like it was becoming a routine. I didn't realize I was starting to look forward to it every time I post something.

    It's been going on for years, that when it stopped abruptly I looked for it. I don't even know why I cared that much. I even tried checking it's profile. But I didn't get anything out of it, just a silhouette picture of a girl on its profile.

    ngleonart Missed you too.

    I stared at it for a few seconds before deciding to delete it. What was I thinking? I don't even know who this person was. I wouldn't know what to say if the media notices that comment and asks me about who that person is. I know it'd be an issue, considering I don't interact with anyone on the internet.

   "Let's pack it up."

   After another shoot, I went on my way to the café I always go to for some coffee. It was a small café and not a lot of people know about it that's why it's empty on most days, it was convenient considering my line of work. I also found out about it after all these years I've stayed in New York.

    I went in and as expected, it was empty. The baristas there know me already so it wasn't a surprise that I walked in that day.

    I sat at my usual seat as I waited for my coffee. It was a usual day of the week. Like I said, my life was just a series of routines. Every week was exactly the same as all the others.