Chapter 17

"Do I look okay?" I asked Yanny after Mel and his team got me ready for that party.

    I was already wearing the red dress that I got, along with pearls for my jewelry and black Valentino heels. My hair was down, curled like the ones in old movies.

    Yanny, on the other hand, was wearing a black dress that hugged her frame perfectly. Her short hair was straightened for it to look sleek and her make up made her look even more beautiful.

    She turned to me as she was in the middle of putting on her earring.

    Her mouth was half open when she looked towards my way, and a bright smile slowly etched across her face. "You look amazing, Skyler!"

    Yanny's words calmed me down for a bit. But I was still a little nervous for the most part.

    After getting ready in a hotel, Yanny and I went inside the limousine that Nicolas got for us. He was early to the party because I heard there was a quick program or something.

    "You both look amazing. Oh, I'm getting emotional." Mel says as he wiped invisible tears from his eyes. We both laughed at him. He was in the car too, also joining us at that party.

    I was glad to have both of them here. If they weren't, I would've probably gone through a couple mental breakdowns by now.

    As we neared, I could see the lights outside the place where the ball was going to be held. There were bright spotlight-like lights pointing towards the building and a red carpet was laid on the stairs that led towards the door. A few paparazzis were also outside. I was starting to get really nervous, but Mel assured that they aren't allowed inside the event.

    "Okay, girls. Masks on." Mel gave me and Yanny our masks as we were about to head out. I immediately wore mine, anxious that people might see my face, even if we were still inside the car.

    I see how the photographers immediately flock towards the cars that just arrived to get a chance of getting a photo of every famous person that was going to be there. I was glad there were some barriers that blocked them, or else my anxiety wouldn't have let me step out of that car.

    The car door was opened from outside, and Mel was the first to come out.

    "Space. Give them space." He announced and the guards helped in keeping the photographers away.

    I think I'm gonna be sick. He could've easily said we weren't famous or something!

    "You good?" Yanny asked, as we were about to head out. I nodded at her, unable to speak.

    I let out a deep breath.

    This is it.

    You could do this, Skyler.

    The moment I stepped out of the car, I heard loud noises from the photographers. They were busy looking at every person that walked on the stairs, towards the door. I see how the ones in dresses and suits stop as they pose for the cameras.

    The lights were flashing everywhere and I could faintly hear the music from inside. The flashes were blinding, but I kept walking.

   As soon as me and Yanny reached the stairs, some photographers turned to us too. They didn't even bother asking who we were, they just continued taking pictures.

    Me and Yanny walked hand in hand as we walked up the huge stairs. It was like a scene out of a movie. It didn't feel real at all. Never, in my whole life, did I think I would be here, standing next to these people that I've only seen on billboards or on TV.