Chapter 9

I think I fell asleep in car. I woke up to my head aching so much and when I opened my eyes, the world was still spinning.

    When does being drunk end?!

    I hear the door open. I had only realized I was being held by someone. I looked up to see who it was and when I did, the urge to cry came back to me.

    Him.

    The annoying man that's going to be the reason I stop listening to my favorite band!

    I felt him guiding me towards my room. He sat me down on the bed as I scratched my eyes. I was getting very sleepy.

    "Don't fall asleep yet."

    I hear him walking outside and it didn't take long before he was inside the room again. He handed me a glass filled with water and I took it to drink.

    I want to sleep now!

    "You're so annoying." I blurted out. Why was I even talking to him? I thought I wanted to sleep! I saw him looking at me.

    "Why?" He asked. He was taking my shoes off for me now.

    "You didn't text me." I complained like a little child.

   What the hell? Why was I saying these things?

    Whatever.

   I don't care. He needs to know how much he's frustrating me right now. I'm so tired of keeping things in. I want to be free!

    All my life all I've been doing is keeping things to myself. Be okay even when people trample all over me. Be fine with letting people restrict me from things I wanted to do. I'm tired.

    Wow, alcohol really does bring out another side of you.

    "I did. I texted you." He says, sighing. "I should've sent it earlier." he said.

    I rolled my eyes even if they were closed.

    "That's not all!" I argued.

    I probably sound like a crazy person. He stayed silent, waiting for what I was about to say.

    "What else?" he asks gently.

    "You're ruining The 1975 for me. Every time I hear a song it makes me think of you. I hate it." I say. I could feel the tears making their way down my cheeks.

     Stupid tears.

     Why was I crying?

    "You've ruined it for me too, Skyler."

    I was getting very sleepy so I didn't quite catch what he said.

    I'm just tired. Why did life allow him to be this close to me? He was something that's so close but I'm not allowed to hold. How is that fair?

    "And you've been acting like you hate me." I say, crying now. I couldn't quite contain the sobs anymore when I remember how he avoided me.

    "I'll move out, okay? I'll move out soon. You won't see me again. Just please don't act like you hate my existence." I say in between crying.

    I feel Nick's warm hands wiping my tears.

    "I'm sorry, baby." he says softly.