0; prologue.

what in the actual fuck....

8 hours earlier

"I'll have a long island please, thanks",  You tell the bartender, sitting down and sighing. You just moved to San Paradis, a lively city off the coast, landing a job at Ackerman Inc. To be quite honest, you were surprised that you got the job. Despite having little experience, you did graduate top of your class at the University of Eldia, with a degree in Chemical Engineering, and a minor in communications. It's either that or the 8-page cover letter you sent, which you wrote with the help of some Stella Rose.

Even with the doubt of being rejected, you still decided to apply. Ackerman Inc. is one of the most well-known corporations around the world, which only hires the best of the best. The CEO apparently handpicks the interns, only allowing 10 to be hired each year. Despite having a world-renowned corporation, not many know who he is since he keeps a low profile. You almost fainted when you received the call, and immediately started apartment searching.

"Here you go, enjoy" you give the bartender a slight smile as you start sipping. It was then when you noticed he didn't take your money.

"Hey, you forgot this" you chuckled and you then reached out your hand to give him the money.

"Oh don't worry, the gentleman over there paid for it." He points to the end of the bar, where the man was sitting. He was drinking whiskey, his piercing grey eyes staring at nothing, and his white button-up being slightly open. He then turns to look at you, his gaze staring right through your soul.

You're knees felt weak at that moment, yet you found the courage to go sit next to him. Placing your drink down, the slight noise was not enough to cut through the heavy silence. "Thanks for the drink, do I know you?" you finally ask.

"No" he states, his deep voice sending shivers down your spine. You stay silent, not sure what to say next. "What brings you here on a Sunday night?" he asks, finishing his whiskey.

"Not sure, guess what brings everyone here on a Sunday night; not having anything else to do." You say, finishing your long island and tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. You hear a slight "mm" come out of his mouth. "What about you?"

"Guess you can say the same thing, new to the area?" he asks, with that intense stare that hasn't left his face.

"Was it that obvious?" You chuckle a bit, "Yea I am, got a job out here. I actually start tomorrow, so I guess you can say this is my last day of fun"

"Is that so.." He starts, slowly getting closer to you. You're able to smell his rich scent and stare at him.

Wow, he's gorgeous.

"And how would you like this last day of yours to end?" he asks, his tone turning to be suggestive. You're speechless for a second, knowing exactly where this is going. You contemplate for a bit but ultimately make your decision.

I mean, he's hot and this is the last day before I face reality. Might as well y/n.

"By the way you're asking, seems like you already know the answer to that." You side-eye him, eyes trailing down to stare at his lips. He then gets up and whispers in your ear.

"Yea you're right, darling. Come follow me if you know what's best for you."

You do just that, following him out of the bar to his sleek black car. He then opens the door for you, waiting for you to step in.

As you get in the car, you ask, "Hey, what's your name by the way?"

"Levi," he says, starting the car.

"Oh, nice to meet you. I'm Y/n."

-

Upcoming chapters will be longer lol, thanks for reading <3