17; conference, part two.

"What was that about?" Armin asks as you both walk down the stairs, arriving to the back of the stage. He eyed the whole interaction between you and Zeke, confused as to why you came back to him with a slightly irritated face. You give him a reassuring smile, "Just wishing us good luck."

"Ah, I see," He says, looking around at the other presenters. It seems like every company had the same idea; two presenters, one project. Though, you quickly felt uncomfortable upon noticing one minor detail, one only you would catch.

i'm the only woman here, great.

You rolled your eyes as you and Armin stand behind the first presenters, who would represent Yeager Enterprises. One was of average height, light brown hair, and hazel eyes. The other seemed a bit younger, with blonde hair and light brown eyes.

The younger one turns to you and Armin, holding his hand out, "You must be Ackerman's presenters; it's a pleasure to meet you both," he says in a rather sweet tone. You could tell he was slightly nervous, the shakiness in his voice proved it.

"Yes! We are," Armin responds, shaking his hand. You shake his after, "Nice to meet you, I'm-"

"Y/n L/n! I know," he chuckles, leaving you confused, "I'm also a chemical engineer, your work in AI is admirable."

You raise your brows in shock, slightly laughing, "Wow, um, thank you," you respond, him finally letting go of your hand, "How long have you worked for Yeager Enterprises?"

"I'm an early intern!" he exclaims, "Was offered an internship a year early, still feels like a dream. I admire Mr. Yeager a lot, he's an incredible boss. He likes your work too! We talk about you, well- no- not you, you- well not that you aren't interesting-"

You try not to laugh at Colt's ramble, him quickly stopping when the man next to him taps his arm.

"Quit fan-girling, Colt," the other man scolds him. He was faced towards the stage the whole time, crossing his arm right after. Not once did he turn around, let alone introduce himself to you and Armin.

grumpy, much.

"Sorry, Porco," Colt responds with his face slightly pink from embarrassment, "Well, good luck to you both," he says right before he turns around, waiting for Ms. Fritz to announce them.

You stare at the other guy, his eyes accidentally locking with yours as he glances back. You avert your eyes quickly, catching a glimpse of the audience. You stare longer than you wanted to, not able to stop gazing at the many people in attendance.

"Hey Armin, how many people do you think are in attendance," you ask quietly. Armin chuckles, "I don't want to know. It'll make me even more nervous."

You chuckle at his response, "Counting the reporters, staff, and us, I'm guessing a couple thousand."

a couple thousand eyes looking at me...

armin was right. let's not think about that.

"Hello, everyone," a short man comes up to the group of presenters. You assumed he was staff, he wore a collared shirt with a name tag. He quickly fixed his glasses, "I will be putting on your mics and taking any hard drives, devices, and props now."

You all nodded, your hand entering your pocket as you took out the hard drive. It seemed as if you might have tugged on it to hard, the top part being slightly loose. You made sure to click it back on, feeling the palm of your hand getting slightly sweaty as you hand it to the staff worker.

"Just this?" the staff worker asks.

You nod confidently, "Just that."

The staff member says thank you, Ms. Fritz's voice becoming louder due to the speaker.