21; acquainted.

𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜; 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙖𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙  – you can stop saying I robbed you. Enjoy, darlings. ☽

"Yeah, yeah, yes Mom, I just made it," you say with your phone pressed between your ears and shoulder, struggling with the new keys as they entered the lock of your new home.

"Look, I'll call you tomorrow morning before I leave for work, I'm gonna settle in... yeah, love you too. Bye."

You sigh as you enter your new place for the next six months; a suite provided by the government in the middle of the city, quiet and tidy. You could tell it was freshly painted, the fumes were still present. Other employees were in the building scattered around, but you weren't sure who they were yet, nor were you interested in finding out. Not yet at least, you were exhausted, but above all, lonely.

It was slightly nicer than the one back in San Paradis, but nowhere near as comforting. No, it didn't have your cat mugs, kuroo's tiny black hairs embedding into anything with cloth, or Pieck's assortment of books scattered around the teal coffee table you two stole from a sorority party a few years back.

Long story.

You didn't feel like unpacking into a foreign pace that didn't feel like home, nor did you feel like turning on the lights. You walked into the dimness, straight to your new room, it felt like a hotel with how out of place you seemed to be.

You plop down on the white, freshly tucked bed, staring up at the ceiling, the loud silence being deafening. At least your room had an amazing night view, you could see the whole city of Marley.

Nice view, but it doesn't top the one in San Paradis.

Like the one... from his place.

Your eyes flutter, your mind suddenly remembering the view from a certain night;

The night you two became acquainted.

-    ☽    -

The ride with the man you've come to know as Levi was quiet. Too quiet.

I feel like I've heard that name before...

nonsense, y/n. you know no one here.

and no one knows you. especially this Levi guy.

You felt your left leg shake as he drove, trying to calm your nerves. It didn't help, if anything, your nerves grew more and more along with a few second thoughts about your abrupt, in-the-moment decision.

fuck, what got into me?

"Your leg is shaking," he mutters, his eyes still focused on the road. Your eyes darted over to him, slightly embarrassed he noticed that.

"Just a little cold," you muttered while nodding your head reassuringly. He doesn't respond at first, nor does he look toward you. Instead, he changes the ac setting, the air coming out less from the vent.

"I can turn back... if you've changed your mind."

Levi's voice was smooth as the road he drove on. You could see it in his face, even for a mere second, he was more caring than he perceived to be, even for a stranger.

"So... where are we going?" you asked, looking out the illuminated buildings that lined the dark freeway. You were in the heart of the city, that much you knew; only the richest resided here. He didn't play any music either – again, the more you stared at him, the more you realized he didn't seem like the type.

He's pretty short now that I really look at him...

That face makes up for it, though. He's handsome... really handsome.