9; inclination.

"Alright kiddos, due to the vast amount of buys and support on SAWNEY, we have been invited with Mr. Ackerman on a work trip to Marley!" Hange claps in excitement, "Unfortunately not everyone can come, which is why the following people have been handpicked by Erwin and Levi themselves; Jean, Mikasa, Y/n, and Armin."

fuck me .

"Aw, I really wanted to go," Eren pouts, to which Jean laughs at, "Shut it, Horseface."

"Are you not coming with us, Hange?" Mikasa asks.

"No unfortunately I won't be able to, someone has to keep things running here," Hange explains, "This will be a very important conference, you will all be away for three days. Our company along with others have been invited to show off our advancements to the government, who will look into which company to partner with. This is huge for Ackerman Inc., so please be on your best behavior, kay?" they wink and hold a thumbs up.

"Wow, the government? I wonder what other companies are going to be there," Armin ponders.

As long as Yeager enterprises isn't there, i'm good.

"From what we know," Moblit starts, "It's going to be us, Azumabito Industries, Reiss Industries, Tybur LLC. and Yeager Enterprises."

spoke too soon.

"Great" you and Eren both groan, immediately looking at each other. He furrowed his brows at you, his green eyes in narrow slits, "Why did you say great?"

"Um.." you stuttered, not sure what to say, "I sort of bumped into the CEO during the banquet?" you shrugged awkwardly.

"You ran into Zeke?"Armin said with a worry look on his face, glancing at Eren who's jaw clenched.

"Interesting, what did you two talk about?" Hange asked curiously.

What is it with everyone asking me that?

Now all eyes were on you, making you feel uncomfortable. You gulped, "Nothing really, we just introduced ourselves to eachother. That was all" you nodded reassuringly.

"Hmmm okay, Y/n dear can I have you take these to the operations department? Thanks," Hange handed you a pile of papers, "Everyone else, get to work,"

the universe is NOT on my side today.

You began walking towards the operations department, waiting for the elevator to open. You tapped your foot as you waited, the ding bringing your eyes back to the door, which opened to reveal Levi and Petra inside.

oh FUCK ME.

You stayed silent as they both stared at you, standing in front of them. You felt Levi's eyes burning into your back, making your knees feel weak. You pressed the eighth floor button, and closed your eyes, wishing you were anywhere but here.

"So Levi, how's Kuchel doing?" Petra asks, "I saw on your schedule you're going to your family dinner," The mention of the dinner made you stiffen a bit, Levi noticing.

"She's well, and yes I am," he mutters.

"How nice! If you need someone to accompany you, i'd be happy to join you!" she offered, "I'd love to catch up with her."

she knows his family? oh he's a whore.

Your eyes widened, waiting to hear what Levi would say. Things were a bit awkward due to your blurting out this morning, which made you wonder if you were still going with Levi. There was a long silence, both you and Petra anticipating his answer.

"I'll keep that in mind," he said, staring directly at the back of your head. You squinted your eyes , his voice was sharp as a knife with the blade of his words directed towards you. Petra smiled, the elevator opening at her stop, "Of course! Let me know," she tells him as she walks out cheery, muttering a harsh "Excuse me" to you.