4; preparations.

"This is the one, your boobs look good."

It has been two days since you received the email about the banquet, so you and Pieck decided to go dress shopping. You were trying on dresses while Pieck was taking pictures, so you can see if it looks good in every angle of course.

"Hmm, I don't know. I feel like it's too.... revealing," you say pouting, staring at yourself in the mirror. Coming from a well-off family, you had your fair share of nice dresses for an event like this, but you felt an urge to buy something new. You felt as if this signifies something, your first event in the adult world, therefore needed some rebranding.

"Nothing wrong with a lil' cleavage" Pieck chuckles from the dressing room sofa, crossing one leg over the other. She chose her dress a while ago, which meant she could give her undivided attention to you, the most indecisive person she knows.

You tried on a silk, off-the-shoulder wine red dress that had a slit of the ride side. It hugged your curves in all the right places and was even open in the back. It had the touch of classiness you needed for the banquet but kept the youthfulness you embodied throughout the whole dress.

"This is a charity for us too in a way," Pieck says jokingly, "What if you meet the love of your life, hm?"

"An arrogant asshole flaunting his money through charity, not for the goodness in his heart but to keep his reputation in check? No thanks." you scoff at the thought of it.

"And as always, you assume the worst." Pieck rolls her eyes.

"We are talking about men, Pieck. What else am I supposed to assume?" you say, staring at her through the reflection of the mirror.

"I totally forgot! Speaking about men, what about Bar Guy? Is he an asshole?" Pieck asks curiously.

"We're calling him Bar Guy now?" you laugh a bit, contemplating her question. As much as you trusted Pieck, you didn't want to tell her that "Bar Guy" was in fact, Levi Ackerman. Being the prideful person you are, you couldn't stand the fact of people thinking you only have your position for no other reason than sleeping with your boss. Yes, it was a reach; considering you slept with him before knowing he was your boss but overthinking went a long way. The truth of it is — if this were to come out, no one would believe a small yet crucial detail like that.

Social suicide, if you will.

"Yea he is." you mutter, changing out of the dress and putting your jeans back on.

"Aw man, would have been a good "So how did you guys meet?" story," Pieck says, pretending to impersonate someone asking that, "At least you won't have to see the fucker again!" she yawns getting up from the sofa, stretching her back.

If only you knew just how wrong you were my friend.

"That's true," you reply smiling, avoiding eye contact, "Fuck it, I'm taking this one."

-

A week has passed, and the banquet was in three days. So far, your time here at Ackerman Inc. has been amazing. Hange was an amazing boss, leading the department with their brilliant, and sometimes questionable ideas. You got along with everyone — even Jean, who stopped giving you a hard time. Mikasa actually started to make an effort to keep a conversation going, rather than giving her usual one-word remarks. Overall, your team was looking good, and you couldn't be happier.

"Hey Y/n, d'ya know what they're gonna be serving at the banquet?" Sasha asks as you sit down next to her, clicking her pen. It was the weekly morning meeting with all the departments and your asshole of a boss, of course. Surprisingly, you haven't seen Levi since the encounter at his office, which relieved you. He's been meeting with the operations department about an important partnership. At least that's what you heard. You'd ask Pieck, but decided not to for two reasons — to not raise any suspicion, and because you simply did not care about his whereabouts. The farther away from you, the better.