20; departure.

𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚.

Levi Ackerman.

Son of Kuchel Ackerman.

CEO of Ackerman Incorporated.

Murderer of William Tybur.

Around here, Levi isn't known for the first two. No, the third one absolutely diminishes them.

Ironically, the one that is far from the truth, is the one that is believed, and he is ultimately diminished to.

He lays down on his concrete slab of a bed, it being cold to the touch on his thin shirt. It was complete silence, except for the broken sink in the corner, letting out small droplets of brown water, and his cellmate's annoying snores coming from the bottom bunk.

"God, shut up," he groans, his voice only audible for him to hear. He places the back of his hand on top of his forehead, his back aching against the slab.

Drip, drop.

It's cold. It's dark.

Drip, drop.

It's lonely.

He found himself in a position he fought so hard to be out of. This place seemed too familiar. It felt like his old, unwelcoming home. He didn't even know if he could even call it home.

The underground.

There wasn't much distinction between them; criminals crawling everywhere, the cold tasteless food if you were lucky enough, and nothing but the air in his body deemed valuable.

The underground was hell if hell was on earth.

No, Levi thinks to himself. The underground gave me those two.

Isabel, Furlan.

Maybe he was already in hell from the beginning, from the minute he was born to a mother that was withering away and a father that was never there. If he could just settle for a life withering away in the underground, he wouldn't be here. Maybe, just maybe if he didn't have that small desire to fight and live a good life deep down in his heart, he just wouldn't be here.

No, he thinks once again. How could he ever be in hell, if somehow in this wretched life of his, he was given you?

He was never a believer in anything. How could he; the life he used to have proved otherwise. The things he endured, the things he witnessed, the people he lost. Faith was a joke in front of the tragedies he's faced. He was always a non-believer.

Yet, he had it. Somehow, deep within him, he had faith.

Faith in that justice will be served. Faith in that people will see him as someone worth fighting for. Faith in seeing his mother, his uncle, and his employees again.

Faith in seeing you again, even if you thought you two weren't worth fighting for.

You said the cruelest of words to him. They were daggers to his heart, the one he never showed to anyone but you. He's never felt so vulnerable, so exposed. He showed you every ounce of feeling he had derived in his heart, and you shut it away the minute he did so.

You broke his heart, the heart he swore beats for you.

Yet, it wasn't enough to destroy the feelings he had residing in it, running through the course of his veins, giving him reason to exist.

Levi closes his eyes, seeing your face. Not the one you had when you left him; but the ones of you smiling, laughing, sleeping, working. Those expressions he adored so much made him smile as his eyes were still shut, nothing but the memories to keep him company.