18; magath.

It wasn't real.

It was all some cruel nightmare.

At least that's what you'd like to believe.

Anything was easier to believe than the reality you were facing right now. In the span of twenty-four hours, your life has taken a change for the worst, the worst you could ever imagine.

Everyone, with the exception of Levi, was in the spare room due to the press outside and the police wanting to ask some questions. It was extremely small compared to the other one you were previously in, the air feeling stuffy due to all the tension. No one dared to say anything, if there was anything to say.

You were standing in a corner against the wall, your [e/c] eyes glued to the ground. Armin and Pieck sat on the leather couch together, holding each other's hand in comfort. Moblit was pacing back and forth, making calls to who you assumed was Hange and some lawyers. Mikasa and Jean stood on the other side of the room, her eyes containing to gaze menacingly at you. Reiner and Erwin were talking to each other, you weren't sure of what though.

"Thank you Hange, please keep me updated," Moblit says, breaking the dreadful silence. Erwin's blue eyes look up at him, "What did Hange say?"

"Doesn't look too good," he sighs, "Lawyers say this will be an extremely difficult case to overrule, let alone prove his innocence. I refused to believe the boss had anything to do with this, but everything points to him. They will do all they can — but for the time being, Levi will unfortunately be facing time in prison."

prison.

Your felt your blood turn cold at the mention of that word.

"Oh my god," Mikasa says, her hand covering her mouth, "I-I need to call Kuchel."

Your heart hurt at the mention of Levi's mom, how confused and distraught she must be right now.

kuchel, poor kuchel.

Erwin's demeanor grew furious, slamming the coffee table in front of him, "How is this possible!? Levi is not a murderer."

You and Erwin both knew that wasn't the whole truth, but Levi was not capable of killing an innocent man like Willy Tybur. He had no reason to, unlike the criminals he faced in the underground.

Only you and Erwin knew that in this room. Maybe Mikasa. You really hoped the police didn't.

"We need to leave this place and get back to Paradis with the others," Pieck says, glancing towards you. You didn't dare to look up at anyone, it was too humiliating. Her gaze softened as she looked at you, wishing you would talk to her. Pieck knew how you were though, always bottling things in; never expecting it to blow up. But when it did, you shut down completely.

She's seen it happen first hand; when you got cheated on by that one guy freshman year of college, or when you were denied from the two other internships you applied for, thinking your career was over before it even started. But nothing of what she's witnessed was to this extent — it scared her.

"You're right, but it'll be a challenge," Jean began with an discouraging tone, his face written with stress all over it, "The press is going to be on our ass; especially when we arrive in Paradis."

Paradis. The company. You thought of your place, and your work, and wanted to sob once more. Your eyes stayed glossy, refusing the tears to stain your cheeks again.

You felt ruined. You felt extreme guilt when thinking of Levi's detainment, wondering what he must be going through right now. You shattered his heart, and now he has to deal with matters beyond his control. Everything was too much for you, it felt as if your head was spinning uncontrollably.