2; introductions.

"Psst! Hey, you okay? You look like you saw a ghost"

Sasha whisper-yells to you, breaking you out of your state of shock. She looks at you, confused and concerned at the same time. Your breath hitches, making you cough a bit, and you turn to face her.

"Yeah, just got a bit nervous that's all" you muttered, giving her a reassuring smile. You turn to face the front of the room, where Levi was getting ready to speak. He wore a grey suit, paired with a cream-white cravat and his white button up peeking out. His narrow grey eyes and raven black hair that had an undercut gave him the most intimidating presence, despite being on the shorter side.

"Due to my absence, Mr. Smith was in charge of hiring the interns this year. Nevertheless, Ackerman INC. only excepts the best of the best, and I am sure Erwin has done so on my part. This year, we hired 10 interns from around the country, all being top of their classes and coming from the most prestigious schools around. Alright brats, starting with Ms. Ackerman, please introduce yourselves. Tell us the school you graduated from and which department you are in."

so he didn't hire me, that's probably why he was just as shocked as I was...

wait, I have to introduce myself???? great.

Mikasa starts the introductions, standing from her seat. "Mikasa Ackerman, Shiganshina Tech, Research & Development."

"Eren Yeager, Shiganshina Tech, Research & Development."

"Pieck Finger, University of Eldia, Operations."

Realizing it was your turn, you get up from your chair with your knees feeling weak and your face feeling hot. You feel his eyes gazing at you, waiting for the introduction he ultimately did not need. There was a heavy tension that filled the room, and you hoped you were the only one who caught onto it.

"Y/n L/n, University of Eldia, Research & Development," you stated, voice slightly shaky. You let out a sigh and compose yourself. You turn your head to the front of the room, eyes immediately meeting Levi's, who still hasn't left your face. He gave you no expression, as he was studying you intensely. Immediately looking away, you sit back down.

"Sasha Braus, Rose University, Marketing."

"Connie Springer, Rose University, Marketing."

"Jean Kirstein, Trost University, Research & Development."

"Marco Bodt, Trost University, Marketing."

"Annie Leonhart, Marley Institute, Operations."

"Reiner Braun, Marley Institute, Operations."

After a round of applause, the tall man with blonde hair and thick eyebrows stands up. "Welcome interns, we are delighted to have you part of our team. I am Erwin Smith, COO of Ackerman INC. I'm not one to stick with the formalities, so please call me Erwin. Your first year here is the most important one — it is your chance to stand out from the others. Many will most likely crack under the pressure and quit, maybe even get fired. We expect nothing but your all, so I ask you to please dedicate your hearts to the company. With that said, you are dismissed. Please meet with your department, and have a great rest of your day."

"Hey Y/n, come to have lunch with us after your done meeting with our department, yea? Bring your granola bar too." Sasha invites you as she and Connie get up and make their way to their department. You nodded and waved goodbye, making your way to your department.

You walk towards your coworkers in the corner of the room, waiting to be greeted by your boss. You see Eren, Mikasa, and a guy whose name you don't remember.

"Took you long enough, next time try not to wander around. We have work to do." the tall guy scoffs, leaning against the window.

"Back off Jean, it's too early to be putting up with your shit" Eren argues back.

"And who was talking to you Yeager? Don't tell me you already got a little work crush" Jean smirks, causing a rise out of Eren.

"That's enough of you two, Hange's coming," Mikasa states, quieting the two boys.

"Good Morning kiddos! My name is Zoe Hange. I am the head of Research and Development, welcome to the team! Let's have some fun." they exclaimed, adjusting their glasses.

"Oh and this is Moblit and Armin, my proteges. If I am not available for whatever reason, they are more than happy to help." Hange says wrapping their arms around the two guys.

"Hello everyone, my name is Armin Arlert. I was offered an early internship here, so I am in no way your senior," the male chuckles, cheeks slightly blushing and rubbing the back of his neck. "Please come to me with any questions you may have, like Hange said I am happy to help."

"Alright, that's it for now! We'll meet up on the second floor after lunch. You are dismissed." Hange says, "Wait Ms. L/n! Can I talk to ya for a sec?"

You freeze, unsure about what they're going to say next. You reply, "Yes Hange?"

Surely they can't know about.... that, right?

"Can you take these papers up to Lev- Mr. Ackerman's office? I have to go feed Sawney and Beane, they're my cats, by the way. Real cuties." Hange asks, shoving the papers to your chest. You sigh in relief, glad it wasn't anything related to that night.

"Oh, I was actually headed-"

"Awesome, make sure you give it directly to him okay. Thank you, darling! It's on the top floor to your right!" Hange interrupts you, yelling as they run out of the room.

"Yea, no problem." You muttered, furrowing your eyebrows. Nervousness runs through your body as you prepare to go to Levi's office. You weren't sure how Levi would be feeling right now, let alone how he would react to seeing you again.

You walk out of the elevator to the top floor and see his secretary Petra, who was sitting down at the desk typing away.

"Can I help you?" She sternly states, not looking up from her computer.

"Ah, yes I'm here to give these papers to Mr. Ackerman. Could you show me to his office please?" You ask her politely, giving her a small smile.

"Levi only allows the heads of the departments and I into his office, unless he lets me know otherwise. You can leave the papers here, I'll hand them to him later." She says as her chesnut brown eyes finally look up to you, giving no expression.

First name basis huh?

Not liking her attitude, you respond with a more serious tone. "This is on behalf of Hange, so I'm sure you can make an exception. Plus, they asked that I give it to Mr. Ackerman directly." You stare at her back and give her a fake smile. You didn't expect Petra to be so serious, especially since she was quite cheery during the meeting.

"Is that so, okay then. His office is down the hall, don't be surprised if he doesn't agree to see you. Levi is a busy man, you understand right?" Petra responds nicely, her tone being so obviously fake.

Bitch.

"Of course, thanks." You give her one last smile and walk towards Levi's office. Your legs were shaky and palms were sweaty. You kept trying to compose yourself, but it was no use. There you were, standing in front of his office. You stare at the the black door which had a sign that read "Levi Ackerman, CEO".

Fuck, this is gonna be so awkward.

You knock on the door waiting for a response.

"Who is it?" You hear Levi's deep voice, running chills down your spine. You clear your throat before you respond.

"Ms. L/n, I am one of Hange's interns, sir. They asked me to drop off some papers on their behalf."

There was a long silence as you were anticipating a response, which felt like forever to arrive. You sigh, closing your eyes and frown a bit, wishing you were anywhere but here. Did your presence really bother him that much? Giving up, you turn to start walking away, until his voice appeared once again causing you and your heart to stop for a second.

"Come in, Ms. L/n."