5; darling.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Sit." Levi says, motioning his hands towards the chair in front of his desk. He didn't look up at you, but instead just finished signing some papers.

i'm not a dog, asshole.

You sit down, nervously patting your skirt as you wait for him to speak. You have no clue as to why you were here right now, and Levi was an incredibly hard person to read. Eye are windows to the soul — yet his were a mysterious, expressionless pit waiting to be discovered by you.

"Although birdsnest's idea was horrible, you were extremely out of line today." Levi's sullen face looks at you. You find yourself staring at his features, his eyebrows somehow being naturally furrowed, the way his eyelids are slightly hollowed just enough for you to still see those grey eyes...

fuck stop that y/n.

"If you expect me to apologize, I'm not going to," you protested, straightening your posture.

"Didn't expect you to."

"You didn't?"

"No. Doesn't seem like you." He sighs as he takes a sip from his tea, crossing his hands on the table after.

"Hm." you reply, followed by a moment of brief silence, "So why am I here, Sir?"

"Impatient are we? ," he murmured, his tone being slightly playful. His comment caught you off guard, being the first time he showed some emotion towards you since that night, "I wanted to ask you two things; the first one is if you plan on attending the banquet?"

His comment was surprising — why wouldn't you go? You gave him a confused face, "Yes I am, is there something wrong with that?" you said, a bit more defensively than you planned to.

"Not at all, Ms. L/n, just curious," he remarked, raising his eyebrows a bit, "Could care less if you are on the defensive today, don't give me that tone. Understood?" His voice deepened all of a sudden.

You opened your mouth to speak, but ultimately just pressed your lips together. A part of you wanted to argue back, but you swallowed your pride for the sake of your job. You mumble, "Yes, sir" as you lift your face, looking straight into Levi's eyes.

Yes, Sir.

Sir.

That was all Levi could hear, your beautiful voice saying that again and again and again in his mind.

Averting his eyes from you, he clears his throat, "Right well, the second one isn't a question, but more of an order. You'll be grabbing coffee with me Monday morning."

HUH?

"I'm sorry?"

"Didn't know you were deaf Ms. L/n."

"I'm sorry I don't think I heard you right ... you want to get coffee together ... Monday morning?"

"What I just said," He deadpans.

"Why?" you ask, trying to make sense of what the fuck is going on.

"Because I said so," He insisted, "That was all, see you here at 6 am."

"Wai-"

"You're dismissed, get out." he says sipping his tea one more time, and getting back to signing papers.

You sat for a moment with your mouth open, slowly processing what just happened. You got up and made your way to the door, your ankle rolling.

"Fuck! Stupid heels," you hissed, rubbing your ankle.