16; conference, part one.

𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜; 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙖𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙.

The flight to Marley was smooth, everyone mostly taking time to rest. You slept soundly for the first two hours, Levi taking glances here and there. When he was not reading or drinking his black tea, he would stare at your sound asleep face, finding it quite amusing; he's never seen you so emotionless, so idle. You always had some sort of expression on your face, which was the total opposite of him.

Maybe that's why he was so fond of you, you intrigued him in every way possible; he loved it.

You chatted with Pieck and Armin here and there, them trying to ease your unsettling nerves. It was no use, every minute grew closer to your presentation at the conference; you really didn't want to mess things up.

"Alright, looks like we're landing," Moblit says, everyone looking outside their windows. You looked out, catching a grand view of your old home, Marley.

Marley was slightly smaller than San Paradis, yet the best companies — Ackerman Inc.'s competitors, resided out here. You glanced down at all the buildings, your leg subconsciously shaking.

Armin taps your shoulder, making you turn around. His blue eyes looked at you reassuringly, a huge smile on his face as well, "Relax Y/n, we're going to do great!"

You nervously laugh, "You're right, I'm just being dumb," you admit, taking a deep breath, "Okay, I'm good."

"We should go out tonight, explore Marley," Pieck suggests to everyone, them agreeing, except for Erwin and Levi.

"I cannot condone that," Erwin says firmly, his eyes not averting from the book he was intensely reading.

"Why not? The conference doesn't start until tomorrow," Jean retorts, everyone nodding in agreement.

Levi scoffs, "What he means is that we don't want you idiots giving the company a bad image. This is a work trip, don't push it."

Pieck frowns, "You're right, I apologize Mr. Ackerman."

"Might I suggest a... work dinner?" you ask, Levi's eyes darting towards you. You stare at him back, "I'm sure that wouldn't ruin our image, in fact, wouldn't it make us look more favorable to the press, Mr. Ackerman?"

Your tone was persuasive, surprising Levi with the subtle flirtatiousness that came after. Of course, you only used the slightest amount for him to catch onto.

Or so you thought.

"You sound like Armin," Moblit says, "But I have to admit, Y/n has a point. The public seeing how strong our bond is as a company should make us look more favorable. What do you say, Sir?"

"Fine," Levi sighs, "Everyone be ready by eight or else we're leaving you."

You and Pieck clap in excitement, everyone asking you where the best spots were, and which one would be perfect for tonight.

"I know just the place."

You all checked into your hotel rooms, everyone having their own on the same floor. Pieck was two rooms away from you, while Levi's was at the end of the hall.

Ugh. He just had to be at the far end.

You began to unpack your suitcases, consisting of most business suits and button ups. Under all of this, you were looking for the one dress you brought just in case.

"Found it," you muttered, holding it up. You smiled, this dress being the first one Levi ever saw you in, that one night at the bar.