10; dinner.

"Good morning everyone, let's begin." Levi says as he walks into the meeting room, everyone sitting down.

It was Thursday; the day of the Levi's family dinner. It seemed as if Pieck forgot about the whole "i'll tell you later" part of your conversation the other day, so you decided to tell her you were going to visit your parents.

"Alright, first topic of discussion; the conference," Erwin stated as he stood up, everyone beginning to chat, "As you all may have heard by now, Ackerman Inc. and other top tech companies in the contra have been invited to a conference, held by the government. This is an opportunity to show them what we are made of, and what we can provide to them. Levi and I will be going, as well as a few people we have handpicked from each department. These people are: Petra Ral, Pieck Finger, Sasha Braus, Connie Springer, Reiner Braun, Annie Leonhart, Armin Arlert, Jean Kirstein, Mikasa Ackerman, and Y/n L/n."

pretty random group if you ask me.

"Pretty random group if you ask me," Miche commented as he crossed his arms, "Could you please explain as to why these specific people were selected, Erwin?"

"Was getting to that, thank you," he replied, "We chose these people because they are undoubtedly the best fit for this event, and have brought great improvements to our company, despite many only being here little time. This conference will be in Marley and will be for three days. We next week, that is all."

"Sir!" Sasha firmly raises her hand up, "I have a quest-"

"Food and drinks will be provided , Braus" Levi sighs from his seat, taking a sip from his tea, "Don't ask what, we don't know."

Sasha's face turns red as you, Connie, and Eren softly chuckle. Gaining a stern glance from Levi, you all immediately compose yourselves, "Thank you, Sir!" Sasha says as she puts her hand down.

"You're all dismissed, tch."

You enter the break room to gather your things, getting ready to go home. Today was simple in the matters of work, mostly just preparing for the conference. You sit next to Eren, who was still acting different towards you.

let's get this over with.

"Hey, can we talk?" you ask him as you sit down, him side eyeing you. He turns to face you, "Yea, what's up" he says rather uninterested.

"Did I do something wrong? It just seems that ever since we went out to the bar, you've been kinda distant," you say softly. Eren's eyes soften was well, sighing, "I'm sorry, it's just that... well, nevermind."

"Just say it," you tell him, your eyes meeting his, "I don't want there to be any awkward tension between us, you're one of my good friends."

"Friends, huh," he mutters, "Look, the thing is I like you, a lot. I guess I was just jealous when you went with horse face to the banquet, childish, I know." he chuckles softly, "I know you don't feel the same way, it's fine."

You stare at him with wide eyes, stunned at the words that came out of his mouth, "I... I had no idea," you began, fiddling with your fingers, "I'm sorry, but I can't reciprocate those feelings back."

things would be easier if I could.

Eren gives you a small smile, "I know, it's fine." he reassures you, "Can I ask you something?"

"Yes?"

"Is it because you're with Jean?" he gives you a disgusted look, a hint of sarcasm in his words. You chuckle, "No, I'm not with Jean."

"Okay good, would hate to have lost to that loser," he says playfully, you both laughing. You give him a side hug, glad that things are mended between you two.