Chapter 4

As I sit there waiting for a response from Freya, I wonder what she will do if I move out I really am putting her in a bad predicament how will she pay for rent, I know her dad helps out but I'm not sure about this at all. It's not only Freya that's on my mind, $2500 is a lot of money a month I will be able to save up so much money but how will I cope living with a man with my history. I've been getting quite a few unknown calls the past few weeks but I've been ignoring them and I turned my voicemail off when I moved here I am worried it's him and with this job I presume I will need to be contactable at all times which means a voicemail. Freya finally breaks her silence "So I've been thinking about it whilst you've been in a world of your own, I think you should take it, there are obvious concerns but if you ever need me I'm still here and I know how your mind works your worried about leaving me" I gave her a sad look and she continued "You don't have to be I can get a new roommate I wouldn't worry about that and I know someone at work who is looking. If you ever need a place to crash this place is always open to you".

"Thank you so much" I replied, "I don't know what I'm going to do without you". She looked at me like I was an alien. "Mia I will see you at the bar when you're working because I'm not giving up my nights out, we just won't be living together". With that, she advised we will be watching horror movies the next few nights then going on a night out before I move out which I reluctantly agreed to.

The next day I was exhausted tossing and turning about the big change that was going to be happening again. Me and Freya went through our normal routines except on an evening where we will binge watch horror movies and TV shows which an incredible number of snacks, I really don't understand how she can eat so much and still be the size she is it is impressive and I've grown to love her a lot. My phone is ringing with an unknown number again I know it's him but there is no way I'm answering. I spoke to my parents the other day and they said he is asking a lot about my whereabouts and I made them promise not to say anything to them which they understand, maybe not fully but they know what happened at the end when our relationship broke down but that's just a small amount of the actual truth. I got a call from Theo's secretary who said I start on Monday and to come to the Freefall building at 8 am.

It's about 4 pm on a Saturday afternoon, Jerry has gotten someone to cover mine and Mattys shifts, I didn't question who but he advised I need to celebrate the new job with friends properly before I start on Monday. I hear Matty and Freya laughing in the living room, their relationship is so cute and wholesome Matty will do anything for her and she is slowly breaking the habit of a lifetime of casual sex which I'm not going to lie it's been quieter and more peaceful around here. My bedroom door flies open as Matty plops down on my bed and Freya makes her entrance as she announces "It's your celebration night I will be picking your outfit and doing your makeup". Oh no no no no no, I can't let her do that I'm comfortable in minimal makeup and skin covered it is what I'm used to and what I was previously told I needed to wear. "Erm thanks for the offer but I think I'm good" her face dropped and I automatically felt terrible. She sighed "Well this is our last proper time to spend time together and I just wanted to do this one thing pleaseeeeeeee" she stared at me and I broke "Fine just this once," I said.

3 hours later I was really regretting my decision her clothes were being thrown around my bedroom because apparently, I didn't have the style of clothes needed for a night out, in other words, my clothes covered too much skin. The first top she put me in my boobs were fully on show which wasn't happening she got annoyed when I said no and did some stomping and decided I was right. So now I've got a pile of clothes on my bed and floor.

I'm sat with my brown hair flowing down my back with soft curls which Freya put in, she couldn't get over how thick my hair was and started moaning about how long it was taking. I just laughed and said, "It's your own fault" which earned me a scowl.

"Oh my god, Matty come look at this", Freya screamed scaring him half to death who was sleeping on my bed. He jumped up so high and ran over "Is that it? I thought you were hurt or something". Whilst Freya was laughing, "Well it's the perfect outfit which I've been looking for".

I sigh now tired from the build-up to going out I am now actually too tired to go out but when I said that to Freya she gave the whole you're being dramatic you need coffee and sent poor Matt off to make coffee whilst she painted my face.

I look in the mirror and I'm shocked, my face looks clear and my cheekbones are more defined, my eyebrows are sculpted to perfection and my bright blue eyes are looking a lot bigger than normal. My eyelids are a pale peach colour with darker edges, black-winged eyeliner and my eyelashes are so long from the mascara. Freya going to grab red lipstick which I automatically decline so she goes for a matt pink colour which I appreciate.

She looks at me in the mirror smiling before saying she is going to get ready herself and she will call me when she's done to give me my clothes. I walk out in my robe to find Matty sitting on the couch watching TV, I don't know why I feel so comfortable around Matt but not other people I think it might be because he saw me as a little sister and I felt safe around him. I smile at the back of his head and go watch TV whilst Freya gets ready.

I heard shuffling and Freya call me back in, she threw a ribbed black denim high-waisted short skirt with buttons that fixed together at the front and a long-sleeved mesh black top with a low-cut top underneath. It is not my usual go-to style but I promised Freya, the thing that did make me take a step back was the high leg high heeled suede boots that go over my knees now this is fully out of my comfort zone I'm used to my converse but she insisted and I wanted to make her happy.

She was dressed in a red low-cut dress with a slit up the side and red high heels, her hairs half up and half down she looks beautiful. Matt's face is going to be a picture once we come out. As we come out of my bedroom Matty is standing in a different shirt and jeans I presume he got dressed whilst he was waiting and to be expected he looked at Freya and his jaw dropped. God, I love them, now is when the fun starts or so Freya says.