Chapter 5

As fellow CLOCKWORK staff the natural place to go is our bar, Jerry already advised we can have one round of free drinks he is the best. As we arrive it's around 10 pm music is loud you can feel the vibrations of the beat of the music.

Freya and Matty are already moving to the music as we walk in, at the bar we greet Jerry who gives me a quick hug, I can feel eyes on me in the bar but I ignore it and accept the drink off Jerry, he advised us we can have one round of drinks and 2 shots each. I'm not much of a shot drinker but Freya is delighted. Freya advises she and Matt are going to dance and asked me to join, I decline and say I'm going to hang at the bar. The stool I'm sitting on is quite high and my legs dangle off in mid-air. Someone slides into the stool next to me I glance over its a tall gentleman with blonde hair, he asks if he can buy me a drink which I decline. I don't accept drinks from someone I don't know. He looked me up and down and scoffed turning the other direction to the poor unlucky girl on the other side of him.

After a few drinks, I watch Freya and Matt getting even closer on the dance floor smiling at each other, at this point, I'm getting tipsy smiling at some girl complimenting me. I see people staring at a group of people who walked in they look fascinated and also taken back that they are there. Robby behind the bar asks if I want another drink and I ask for vodka and lemonade. Freya and Matt are calling me over so I wander over them in the god-awful heels and start dancing, I am enjoying myself I can't lie I'm with friends who genuinely care about me and I'm actually enjoying my life here in New York. After the song is over I walk back to where Jerry is standing when I'm pulled back, a large hand gripping my upper arm I looked up to the owner of the hand and he asks if I want to dance. His eyes are trailing my body and he gives me the creeps, I try to politely decline whilst he is still practically dragging me to the dance floor. I try to pull away but he's gripping my arm tighter I'm sure it will leave a bruise I look around for Freya or Matt and can't find them. I shout to the unknown gentleman "Let me go", he pulls me towards him leans down, and says "Look at you trying to deny my advances, have you seen what your wearing? People have been watching you all night and you ignore them like the stuck up bitch you are". He's glaring at me tightening his grip, even more, I start the panic seeing the look in his eyes I pull my arm even harder until I see someone familiar coming towards us.

I look at the 6 foot something handsome man glaring and shouting at the man holding me to let go before it gets ugly I see the venom in his eyes. He wouldn't look at me though he was looking directly at the man holding me who loosened his hold looking back and forth between me and the giant shouting at him. At this point, a crowd had formed watching the situation unfold. The guy let go of my arm and looked at the giant next to me and said "She's not worth it, she's a stuck up bitch you won't get anywhere with her" before he can do anything else the giant punches him in the face, I take a step back not knowing what to do whilst Jerry gets security to throw out the man who was holding me.

I looked at the handsome man who stood next to me and go to touch his hand, "Are you okay?" I said. He pulled away so fast from me looking me in the eyes for the first time. He mumbled that he was fine and after the shock, I realised standing in front of me is my new boss Theo. I couldn't understand what he was doing here it didn't seem to be his kind of scene. I looked at him and said "I'm really sorry I didn't mean for you to hurt your hand I'll get you some ice or a bandage, yeah maybe a bandage" he stopped me from rambling by saying "Just stop I don't need your help I was just here to check out where my new employee works but I don't see her on shift".

I stood shocked, I'm pretty sure I have my mouth open because I can't believe what he is saying. I am literally standing right in front of him and he is just looking through me like I literally don't exist.

"Well, you already found her," I said whilst he looked confused. To make it clearer I say "I am Mia who you employed less than a week ago and clearly don't recognise. Why did you want to see where I worked?". He just looked annoyed at this point "Why are you wearing that? is this seriously what you wear to work because I hate to break it to you, under no circumstances will you wear anything like that around my son".

He thought I was working because it's my day to work which makes sense now. In a rush, I say "I'm not working tonight my boss gave me it off to have a night out and spend time with my current roommate since I'm moving out".

He just looked bored the more I spoke and said "I'm leaving make sure I wear something appropriate for work on Monday". I smiled and thanked him again as he walked away he turned around with nothing behind his eyes and said "I will not have drama in his and his son's life you are not making a good first impression" with that he walked out of the door.

What does he mean good first impression this is my private life why should it affect him and why were his eyes so cold it made me feel really uncomfortable. When I go find Freya and Matty I see them kissing. I was not interrupting that so I messaged Freya saying I've gone home and I know she's safe with Matt.

I open the bar doors and start wandering down the dark alley onto the main street. I see a car trailing me but I know better to stop I keep walking and increase my pace until I get home and lock the door behind me. I lay awake for around an hour after I get home and slowly drift off the sleep knowing tomorrow is the last day before I start the new job.