Chapter 17

The normal routine commenced over the next few weeks the only thing different was the affection from Theo and the fact that I spent every night in his bed. Claire had noticed his affection and change in behaviour but had yet to bring it up.

Theo told me that Ben had brought it up to him and told him if he hurts me he doesn't care is he's his best friend he would kill him. I laughed as that is such a Ben thing to say.

My parents had kept in touch to let me know that Ryan was getting more relentless and they have had to call the police on occasion. I knew they weren't telling me to upset me but to warn me about him. I did tell them about the phone calls but they assured me that he didn't know where I was.

Theo tried bringing up the scars and the phone calls a few times but I told him it wasn't something I felt comfortable talking about yet which he accepted.

I was standing in the kitchen with Claire and Cooper when she speaks "Mia I've noticed the way you and Theo are acting, I don't want to get involved I love you both but you're the first person he's been close to in a while and I know you have had your issues I just don't want to see you both get hurt".

Smiling at her I understand why she is worried, technically he is my boss and we have Cooper to think about. "I know it's not ideal but I do really like him and I don't want to hurt him" walking towards me she hugs me.

I get on with my day when Claire tells me tomorrow I won't need to look after Cooper as she is spending the day with Theos mum and I can have the day off.

I'm not sure what Theo is doing tomorrow I'm sure he's working like usual, Coopers in bed when Theo come home its 10pm. Walking in he comes straight to me giving me a quick peck "Missed you peach" I yawned as I'm so tired and let him know I'm going to bed.

Waking up the next morning I had a feeling of dread, something was wrong I could feel it. Theos still asleep next to me when I reach for my phone I have 10 missed calls from my parents and various messages telling me to ring.

Standing up straight away I walk over to the window calling my dad, "Hey dad what's wrong?". He sighed and started talking frantically "Dad slow down I can't understand you". He started shouting something then came back on the line "Mia are you okay? is Ryan there?".

"Dad why would Ryan be here he doesn't know where I am" I started to panic at this point I knew there was something very wrong.

"He found out where you are, he broke in last night and saw some of the messages on your moms phone. Do you think you'll be safe where you are?" I nod unsure if I am until I realise I need to verbalise it.

Even if I'm not safe I'm not going to worry my parents. "Dad I'm fine I'm safe you don't need to worry" I feel the tension leave from his voice as he told me to keep in touch every day.

I sat down next to Theo thinking what I should do, Ryan knows I'm in New York but he doesn't know specifically where I am. I do know I need to stop this getting worse before it does so my decision is made I will try to contact him to get him to leave me alone. I can't have him going back to my parents, what happens if he gets angry at them I couldn't live with myself.

Theo is in the shower when I make the call, I was half expecting him to not answer I didn't know if he had the same number until I hear his voice.

Upon hearing it a shiver ran down my spine, "Mia I knew you'd get in touch eventually you've missed me, haven't you?"

I nearly threw up in my mouth "No Ryan I haven't and I would appreciate it if you finally left me alone and stay away from my family". Giggling on the other end "Oh Mia we both know that's not going to happen you're going to be a good little girl and come back to me".