Chapter 21

Mia POV

After the quick departure from the club, Ryan drags me back to his apartment. He slipped up at the club and he knows it most of the way there he's been mumbling to himself, he seems so much worse than he was before I moved away from home. He seems angrier, more out of control and he is now on edge that he slipped up.

I could see Theo, Ben and Riley looking at Ryan's attitude and his grip on me and he knows it. He's used to everything he does going under the radar and nobody noticing now he's worried that they have.

We arrive at his apartment and it's the first time I've been here, I don't know how he's affording it to be honest I don't think he has a job here. I'm sure his parents are bank rolling him ignoring the previous allegations against him, he can't do anything wrong in their eyes he's the golden boy.

Now we are here he's just pacing around, I can see tonight has unsettled him which in turn makes me extremely nervous of his actions.

"Why did you have to do that? did you see the way they looked at me? All because of you" his eyes burning into mine.

I have nothing to say to him so I stay quiet.

"You ruin everything Mia, they were becoming my friends" I could see him getting angrier.

"I'm going home" walking to the door hoping he won't say or do anything.

Obviously, I'm not that lucky as he dragged me back, "Don't you dare walk away from me" the tone was the same as he used before I got a beating.

Before I had time to react his fist collided with my stomach the pain seared through my body, the other bruises were yet to heal.

"You will stay here" I nodded and made my way to the couch. He stormed into another room and slammed the door.

If I don't want another bruise it's best for me to just stay here until morning and I'll slip out.

I couldn't sleep in case he came out angry again so I stayed away until the morning.

When the sun had risen he walked out of his bedroom with a glance at me and walked out of the apartment.

Before departing I waited five minutes before leaving as I didn't want any more run ins with him.

It took me twenty minutes to get back to Riley's when I arrived it was 8am and I was exhausted all I wanted to do was go to bed.

As I walk in she was sat in the living room with a coffee.

"Mia, are you okay?" She looked concerned but I needed to show I was okay so she didn't probe any further.

I can't get here involved in my problems.

"I'm fine just tired, I'm going to go crash" plastering a smile on my face before walking away.

"You can talk to me you know?" The sincerity flowed from her voice I nearly broke.

"I'm good Riley just going to go sleep". I think we both knew I wasn't okay but I just needed to ensure he didn't hurt anyone else.

My parents have been calling and I absolutely hate lying to them but it's for their own good as well.

Waking up was really hard, the pain in my stomach was excruciating, I'm sure it's looking bad I need to check on it.

Getting up I get into the shower taking a long time to wash my hair, not taking much notice to the bruise's I'll focus on them after I'm out if the shower.

Once I'm done I step out and wrap a towel around myself, walking into my room I'm sure I heard Riley leave earlier, I grab some underwear and put them on along with a pair of jeans. My back is facing the door and inspect the bruises on my torso in the full-length mirror in front of me.