Chapter 26

Theos POV

Sitting in my office I hear the chatter of Ben flirting with the new secretary he's always hitting on the staff it's a good job the women want to sleep with him otherwise we would have a lawsuit on our hands.

I laugh to myself as he lets himself into my office and plops down on the chair on the other side of my desk.

"What's going on man? how's little Coop doing?" he said whilst looking on his phone.

"Nothing much, he's good man he's growing so much I feel like I'm missing a lot of it though, it wasn't like this when Mia ..." I stopped myself suddenly when I realise where this is heading.

I look over to see Ben looking at me intensely "We don't talk about her you know that".

Ben took everything that went down with Mia really hard, I'm not 100% sure why I think it's more a fierce loyalty to me and Coop. He hates when her name is mentioned, he even doesn't talk to Riley as much as he used to, our dinners are so awkward now. He says she picked a side when she believed everything Mia told her.

"I know" responding later after getting lost in my thoughts.

The phone rings that's one my desk which indicated my secretary wants to tell me something, I pick up the phone.

"Yes Hannah"

"Mr Levy, you have a call from Ohio"

"What is it regarding?" I don't think I have business in Ohio.

"Erm I'm not sure I'm sorry I didn't ask, I can go back to them and ask I'm sorry" she spluttered out, seriously what is wrong with her it's a simple task.

"Stop its fine transfer the call" I was beyond pissed but I couldn't be bothered having her crying about her mistake.

"Mr Levy, Theo, its Mr and Mrs Graham Mia's parents. Have you heard from Mia? we are worried I know she works for you she normally calls but it's been weeks" I cut him off as he tried to continue.

"Mr Graham she doesn't work for me anymore, I'm sorry you haven't heard from her but have you tried her boyfriend?" I still hated referring to him as that.

"What boyfriend? Mia doesn't have a boyfriend if she did she would have told us" he started to sound concerned.

"Yeah her boyfriend Ryan, he said he knew you guys from back home" I hear someone gasp in the background.

"Maggie calm down I'm trying to talk to him" I presume he's talking to Mia's mom.

"Mr Levy, Ryan's in New York he found Mia?" I laugh at this statement.

"Yes, Mr Graham, she left with Ryan I'm not sure where she is now" how clear do I have to make it to this guy.

"When did you last hear from her?" his voice sounding panicky now

"I don't know maybe a few weeks ago?" I don't get why he's asking all these questions.

"Has anyone else heard from her? does anyone else know where she is?" his voice is really in a panic now.

I stand up looking over to Ben who can overhear the conversation.

"Ben do you know if Riley has heard anything from Mia and Ryan?" now I'm the one asking questions.

"No last Riley said Mia wasn't answering any calls or messages" I relay the message to Mr Graham.

"I wouldn't worry Mr Graham, Ryan is a good guy I'm sure Mia will be in touch soon" trying to ease his worry.

He gasps on the phone "Don't you ever call that man a good guy he is scum; do you think a good guy separates his girlfriend from everyone around her? Do you think a good guy lays his hands on a woman? Do you think a good guy beats my daughter to near death and she spends months in a coma trying to recover from her injuries? Don't you ever call that man a good guy"