Chapter 6

I spend Sunday being a nervous wreck, I spend most of the day pacing checking what is required after I got documentation through and mostly just doubting I could do the job at all. Freya told me I needed to calm down and I would be fine. Hannah, Theo's secretary let me know movers will come help me move my stuff but I told them not to bother and I would bring my stuff on the first day she seemed happy with that, I guess that just saves her a job. My belongings still consist of a bag but a slightly bigger bag thanks to Freya who bought me a moving out present on the sly, it mostly consisted of more sexy clothes as she said my wardrobe consists of none and sexy lingerie as she said I need them if I'm living with such a handsome creature ... her words. I don't really see why I need either of them but when I denied them she got upset so I apologised and accepted them.

I hear a buzzing and annoying sound blaring out I turned around and turned the alarm off as soon as I could. It's now 5.30 am on Monday and it is officially my first day, I get up have a shower drying my hair after. I put on light makeup and a pale blue thick checked shirt which I tuck in my high-waisted jeans and put my converse on. I'm guessing I don't need to dress professionally as I am going to be with a baby all day. I leave a note for Freya as she's asleep, grab all my belongings that being a bag of stuff and leave the apartment which I had called my home for some time.

I stroll down the street towards the coffee shop grabbing a large latte and grabbing a black coffee for Theo. I don't know if he likes it but I'm trying to make my second impression better than the first. I don't even know if I have to call him Theo or Mr. Levy. I'm now in front of the Freefall building I'm starting to panic now he already seems annoyed by me and I haven't even started work yet. I walked into the security area got all my stuff checked, they looked at me weirdly with my bag with personal belongings in but let me in any way I go to the elevator and click the 30th floor. I'm trying to keep my breathing calm as I walked to the reception desk.

A tall thin woman greeted me at the desk with a large smile, "You must be Mia, my name is Hannah if you need anything here's my number. I'll let him know you are here and good luck" she said.

Why is it when I'm in this building people tell me good luck? Like I'm not already worried about everything. My phone buzzing in my pocket but I ignore it.

Hannah calls out, "Mia you can go in it's the last door on the corridor and Mia don't look so nervous". I smiled and made my way down the corridor.

I came to two large doors which were familiar from my interview and knock timidly. A loud "Come in" comes from the other side and open the doors trying not to spill the coffees. I look up and he's sat there looking at me with bored eyes again. He starts to speak "I see you need a lot of caffeine to wake up". I don't seem to be able to answer all I do is stand and stare at him he's wearing a pinstripe suit with a waistcoat and looks like he's been awake hours. I suddenly realise I'm staring and start to blush.

"Miss Graham, are you deaf? When I speak I expect a response" he barked at me. I look towards him and apologise. "Erm, no sorry, one of the coffees is for you I didn't know what you liked, or even if you drink coffee if you don't it's fine I'll give it to Hannah or something I'm sorry" I was blurting out before he interrupted. "Now you're talking you don't shut up I like coffee thank you but just so you know we have a coffee machine here". I look around embarrassed now not knowing what I'm going to say next.

He sighs and starts speaking again. "I cleared my diary after 12 to be able to show you your accommodation and let you meet Cooper. None of your stuff arrived at the apartment is there an issue". I looked around embarrassed again as I said "I have everything I need with me today". He looked towards my bag and sighed again. I wonder if he will ever stop sighing at me.

After speaking a bit more about the role he advised he has meetings and he will be out by noon and I'm welcome to wait in his office until he's back. I thanked him as he left. An hour later I was sitting on the couch when a beautiful woman came barging in with Hannah following close behind. Hannah was saying "You can't go in there" in a panic. The woman looked around at me and stomped over "Who are you? Why are you in his office?". I didn't answer because she was really in my personal space now. I hear Hannah calling security whilst the woman stares at me, she then says as Theo is walking back in "Your nothing special you're not even that pretty, and what are you even wearing?". Theos voice boomed through his office saying "How did you get in here? I already told you we will never happen and if you enter this building again I will call the police and you know that didn't end well last time". Security was pulling her away whilst she was screaming. Theo looked at me on the couch and grabbed his coat. He said he was done for the day now and to follow him.

I grabbed my empty coffee cup and put it in the bin whilst gathering my belongings I say bye to Hannah as Theo leads us downstairs whilst the employees stare. I shift on my feet uncomfortably and Theo looks towards me as a black smart car pulls up in front of the building he tells me to get in. I slide into the car and it's really big inside Theo tells the driver to go home. I suppose he's rich enough to have a driver. After 20 mins we pull up at yet another large building Theo gets out and I follow as I grab my stuff and follow him into the building.