Chapter 3

I woke up at 6 am to get prepared, I'm not sure that I can do this I'm not wealthy, I don't have nice clothes. I can't do this.

I look at the clothes on my bed, I showered, brushed my teeth, put hair up in a ponytail with little strands around falling around my face and now I'm trying to pick out suitable clothing. I have a long smart black dress so I decide on that.

Looking in the mirror I look so strange from my normal self, it's not often I wear dresses I'm more comfortable in a jumper and jeans. Plus, I was never able to wear dresses anyways. I slip on some flat black shoes and set off.

I pick a coffee up on my way to the interview in the hope that it will wake me up a bit and I don't spill it. I am so nervous all I can think is I cannot do this, I'm not good enough, what is the point in me even is doing this. My fears are then heightened as soon as I arrive.

10 minutes after getting my coffee I'm here on the street I am meant to be on. There are massive buildings here and they all look the same. You would think for a nanny interview it wouldn't be held in this kind of buildings. You would imagine a house at least not a fancy office building.

I finally place which building it is and discard the coffee cup in the bin. Walking into the building there is security everywhere. I waited in line until I reached the front. Security asked for my identification and escorted me to sign in and gave me a visitor's badge. I was then taken to the top floor of the building.

I have always found it so awkward to stand in a lift with someone who you don't know and having to travel to the 30th floor was just agonizing, I couldn't wait to get out.

I was introduced to a receptionist and told to take a seat.

I was so bored waiting I started daydreaming. I was brought out of it by shouting "You're fired just get out, don't ever set foot inside this building again. Do you hear me?" a woman walked out with a tear-stained face.

Walking straight up to me she whispers "Good luck".

What am I meant to make of that?

The receptionist received a phone call and told me I was allowed to go in. I walk in nervous fiddling with my hands.

I walk in to see a massive desk just in front of the just as massive window. The chair is turned around facing the window so I can't see who is there.

"You have no experience why are you wasting my time?" A deep voice speaks.

Taken a little back by that, I look in the direction of the chair.

"Well I love kids and I think this is a great opportunity" I respond.

"I've heard that bullshit speech around 100 times" Turning his chair around.

"Now why do you really want the job".

Wow, he is beautiful short brown hair that you can run your hands through, piercing green eyes, and damn the man looks good in a suit. I would say he was in his late 20's. Wow, he's successful for his age. I feel like I was staring too long and now I feel even more awkward, shifting from one foot to the other I answer as calmly as I possibly could.

"You want honest?, I need a job I moved here a couple of months ago and the only other job I could get was at a bar for two nights. Honestly, I'm running out of money. I need a well-paid job."

He seemed shocked by this admission but also impressed.

"So why did you move away from home?" he smirked.

"To start over". I was not impressed with how this was going.

"Care to elaborate?" He shot back.

"Absolutely not? Why is there anything you want to share?" I snapped back.

I took a step back shocked by my admission, I felt my cheeks flare up and I turned towards the door embarrassed by my actions. I never stand up for myself because I won't win I've learned that.

"Right, it's Mia? I need to do a full background check, you'll be looking after my 11-month-old son. I don't want any questions about his mother. I expect you to do everything for him, you'll get paid on a monthly basis. You don't officially have the job until the background check comes through".

I'm not really sure what to say to this.

"Thank you?" I manage to get out.

As I walked away he called me back.

"Is that a question? I forgot as you will be Cooper's nanny you will be a live-in nanny, these are the terms of the job. So, I won't make you quit the job you have currently seen as you clearly need it someone else will look after Cooper on the evening's your working" as he looked me from head to toe as he said that, well that was rude.

"You will move into our house. You'll be paid $2500 a month and you will have free accommodation. You will pay for your own food and necessities".

I mumbled okay and walked out. When I was out of the building I leant against the wall. Is the job worth leaving Freya and the apartment? Financially it is but do I want to move again and I don't even know him.

$2500 a month to look after a 11-month-old. Would I have to live with him? Well he obviously lives with his son. God, I don't know.

As soon as I got in the apartment Freya started talking, "Hey, how did it go?".

"I don't know". and with that, I walked to my room laying on my bed to contemplate everything I have just been offered.

A few hours later after debating I come out, Freya is sitting on the couch she clearly wants to know what is happening. So, I told her how the interview went from start to end and all I got from her response is her sitting there with her mouth wide open.