Chapter 14

Sunday came fast and I was excited to see Cooper and see if he enjoyed his birthday, I was extremely nervous about seeing Theo after his conversation with Ben but I'm sure he won't be at the apartment he's hasn't been much for the past few weeks.

Ben pulled up at the apartment "I got to go take care of some business you'll be fine Mia" leaning over to give Ben a hug "Thanks for letting me crash at yours". Getting out of the car I turned back to smile at him when he drives off.

Come on now Mia you can do this, its mid-day and as it's my day off I don't have any plans but hopefully see Cooper.

I grab my bag off the floor and walk up to the apartment, I take a deep breath and walk in. I don't see anyone and disappointment hits I walk to my room and lay down on the bed.

I hear the front door close and I jolt awake, they must be back. I nervously walk out of the room to be greeted by Theo and Cooper in the living room.

Cooper runs over when he reaches me I pick him up "My little man did you enjoy your birthday?" giving me the goofy smile "We went to Grandmas, cake, ice cweam lots of presents" mumbling out as he grabbed the adorable bear I bought him "Frank you".

Theo was watching us with a conflicted look on his face. I put Cooper down "Go spend some time with you daddy it's your birthday weekend" as he ran over and sat on his dad's lap.

He turned to look at me with sad eyes "Mia why you not here for my bwirthday?"

I knelt down next to them taking Coopers hands "I wish I was but it was time for you to spend with your daddy".

I smile at him before walking away "Mummy you'll be there next twime we will be together". I stood frozen as I turned around I could see the fury in Theos face "Cooper honey I'm not your Mummy I'm Mia" he looked so dejected before his face lights up again "I know silly your name is Mia but I want you to be my mummy" he looks at Theo "Mia can be my mummy can't she daddy" he smiled brightly at Theo.

Theo stood up with Cooper in his arms "Cooper it's time for a nap I need to speak to Mia" as he walked to his room. They had been gone thirty minutes so I presumed he was reading him a story.

I stood in the kitchen waiting for Theo with a cup of coffee and I made one for him that was sitting on the table. I knew after what Cooper had said it wasn't going to be a good conversation.

Theo walked in wearing black jeans and a black fitted t-shirt, I hadn't seen him in anything other than a suit and I tried to stopped my eyes roaming his body as he walked close. He picked up the coffee and took a sip of it silently.

I'm standing with my back against the counter unsure of what to do. He stands up and walks towards me "You're not his mother but you love him more than his mother ever did" the bitterness flying out of his mouth. "His mum left us after giving birth saying that we ruined her life and she didn't want anything to do with us" the sadness longed in his eyes.

He lifted his hand close to my face and my automatic reaction is to recoil away from him and protect my face with my hands.

He automatically stood a step back shocked, I removed my arms and looked at him being a safe distance away. The look in his eyes were full of guilt and anger.

"You really are scared of me, aren't you?" analysing my face. I put a fake smile on my face "No of course I'm not". He carefully stepped forward and is in front of me again reaching out slowly to my face, once his hand gently stroked my cheek "Peaches don't lie to me". I look to the floor "I'm not scared of you, I'm scared of history repeating itself" whispering out. He grabbed my chin to make me look him in the eye, "I didn't hear you". Looking into his eye I repeated "I'm not scared of you, I'm scared of history repeating itself".