Chapter 15

The next few days passed by quietly nobody mentioned my birthday and Cooper never mentioned about the mummy situation. We had our routine which we went good. I hadn't seen Theo the past couple of days he'd been out early and working late Claire said there was a big case at the firm.

I did enjoy this time as there were no questions but I was starting to miss his presence and touch.

Riley came by saying that we were going shopping on Friday and there is no getting out of shopping when it comes to Riley. Saturday was my birthday and I knew I'd be bombarded with calls from my parents so when Friday came I had a long conversation with them about treating tomorrow as a normal day.

Riley came to pick me up and we set off to the mall, I didn't need or want anything but Riley said it was her present to me and I had to accept anything she bought for me. After some arguing I gave up. She went from shop to shop not satisfied with anything.

We went into one of the last shops and she seemed in her element it was like she knew exactly what she wanted. She got some high waisted shorts, low cut jumpers, an off the shoulder dress that was fitted at the top with buttons that went down the front and flowed at the waist. I have to admit I liked it but it did show off a bit more cleavage than I was happy with.

As we took a break to eat lunch, Riley said she wanted to take me one more place before leaving and that was how I ended up in front of Victoria Secret. Riley clapped her hands happily and roamed around she grabbed matching lace bras, thongs and various other things I didn't bother looking at. She decided she was finished and it was time to go back. Walking into the apartment Riley walked straight into my room and dumped the bags "Happy birthday Mia". I looked at her confused until I realised she bought everything for me.

"I'll be back tomorrow to get you ready, we are going out tomorrow night for your birthday" she squealed. "Oh no I'm just going to stay in thanks" practically shouting.

Laughing she walked away informing me again she will be back tomorrow.

I drift off to sleep without any dinner as I'm too tired my days off just seem too busy. When I wake up its getting light I must have slept in. I see messaged from my family wishing me a happy birthday and I go shower. Whilst I'm in the shower I hear my door open and close. I walk out in my towel to find Riley sat on my bed.

"You said you were coming to get me ready for tonight it's a bit early isn't it?" Even after my sleep I sounded tired. I hated today and I wanted nothing but to spend the day in bed.

"I didn't say when I was coming and I'm coming back to get you ready, happy birthday by the way, I'm getting you ready to go out now. Me and Ben will be back later to go out" her face glowed excitedly.

" Why am I going out now?" I sighed at her. "Mia cheer up and get ready it's your birthday, you're wearing the demin shorts I got you yesterday and the blue jumper" walking out. I've learnt its best to not argue with her so I throw on underwear and the clothes she picked out when I hear a knock on my door.

Opening the door, I see Theo standing there "Are you ready to go? you look beautiful". He steps forward closing the distance as he leaving a lingering kiss on my cheek and whispers "Happy birthday Peaches".

I follow him out to see Cooper and he grabs a hold of my leg "Happy bwirthday Mia, guess where were going ... the zoo".

I looked at Theo as he started to speak "Come on guys the animals are waiting", Cooper ran out of the door "We can't let the animwals wait wurry up". I laugh after him and follow him.

We get to the zoo and I'm starting to think I might enjoy today. We start exploring the zoo and I'm just as excited as Cooper looking at all the animals. Theo is holding Coopers hand when he grabs mine and continues walking.