Chapter 25

I didn't want to go to Riley's but I knew it was best to turn up before she got home, I didn't want her getting involved in my mess. Leaving Theos was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, I know it is likely I won't see him again and it breaks my heart there is no way Ryan will let me near any of them.

Walking up outside Riley's building I take a deep breath and walk up to her apartment, walking straight in the door I see Ryan coming out of my room with my stuff. He walks by me and grabs my wrists dragging me out of the door.

"We are leaving Mia, you will not see them again. You are mine!" the words spat out of his mouth whilst he dragged me to his car telling me to get in.

Sitting in the passenger seat the silence is thick and uncomfortable. Turning to him "Where are we going?" I try keep my voice steady.

He took his eyes off the road for a second to look at me "My place and that is where you will be staying" I nod my head in response.

He's calm at the moment but I'm not sure why, which makes me really nervous. I haven't spoken to my parents for a while because I didn't want them to know about Ryan I don't like lying to them.

We pull up to a house and walk in its nice house, 3-bedroom 2 bathroom. Looks like a family home, when I walk in I see old pictures of us hanging on the walls. I turn to Ryan as he starts to speak "Welcome to our home Mia, I bought it for us and our future".

I blinked quickly with surprise, I suppose that explains the pictures of us. He showed me to our room, we have to share a room. I put my stuff down in the room and follow Ryan downstairs.

I'm not sure what to do or what to say my mind is running with all different thoughts until it is interrupted with Ryan stood right in front of me "Don't think I have forgotten what you did to me, you cheated on me with one of my friends Mia and although I'm trying to forgive you, there must be consequences for your actions".

I've lost all the fight inside of me and I nod just accepting my fate. I can barely blink before his fist flies at my face I drop to the ground fast cradling my face I forget to protect my stomach as he kicks me multiple times. When he's done I can barely move and have tears slowly running down my face, he bends down grabbing my hands and helps me up moving me over the to the couch to sit.

He sits down next to me and touches my face softly "Now I forgive you Mia, you can be a good girlfriend there just has to be some rules".

"Firstly, you will not speak to any of them again, that is of course if you want to keep them safe, secondly, I'm keeping your phone until I can trust you again" tears are still running down my face as he continues, my body is on fire with the pain.

"Ryan please, you need some help" my voice is shaking as I know this may tip him over the edge, I want nothing more than to run off and find a new peace somewhere away from him but I am worried about what he will do if I disappear again I can't risk it.

Grabbing my face, he smiles at me "All I need is you Mia I promise things will be better we have our house now we can have the future we were meant to have".

"Am I allowed to leave the house?" he lets go of my face. "Baby of course you can, when I'm with you we can go wherever you want" smirking he got up.

"Clean your face up, we want you looking pretty again don't we" I nod getting up making my way to the bathroom.

My face was swelling, my eyes dim, I grab a cloth soaking it with warm water wiping the corner of my lip gently as it continued to bleed. I feel lost I don't know what to do anymore, as the days pass by I look in the same mirror each day more injuries I barely go out anymore.

I hear Ryan stumbling around downstairs, its 7pm now and he's been out drinking again, he drinks more now and most of the time doesn't even remember the injuries he causes me until the next day. He will spend the next day apologising and making me dinner to make up for it but I've just become a shell of myself now even more so than before.

Walking out Ryan is in the kitchen I can tell he's been drinking but when he turns around its different he's smiling at me lovingly which quite frankly is making me very unnerved at the minute.

"Hey babe, it's our anniversary in two days, I want to treat you and take you out. Make sure you look pretty for me" he comes over a gives a peck on the lips.

The day of our anniversary comes faster than I would like, I don't know what time we are going out but I start getting ready just in case its soon. I curl my hair, putting light makeup on I slip into a floral dress. Looking at myself I don't see someone who is pretty I see someone who is a lot thinner than I used to be, the bruises are covered by the dress and I just I see someone who is unhappy. If anyone else looked at me from an outside perspective they would see a normal woman no obvious signs of abuse.

I walk downstairs, Ryan was pacing in the living room holding my phone. "Mia what is wrong with your parents they are non-stop calling you, so is Riley I have had enough, why won't they just give up" he's getting angry I can see it in his eyes.

I know I need to approach this carefully "Ryan, they will just be worried about me I normally speak to them regularly and I haven't spoken to them for nearly three weeks now. If I could just speak to them I'm sure they will back off, I'll tell them I'm fine and happy".

His head whips around so fast as he approaches me "You are fine Mia, you are happy with me why are you making it sound like this is hard for you" he spat out.

This is not good, I need to calm him down "Ryan I'm not I am happy with you" lying through my teeth I smile at him trying to defuse his mood.

I see my phone on the couch he seems to have forgotten about it when he storms out of the house. Before I change my mind, I run towards my phone, calling the one person who's voice I have been longing to hear.

Theos name stares at me whilst the phone rings, I need him to pick up Ryan has really gone off the deep end I don't know what to do anymore. The phone continues to ring and I hear the front door open again with Ryan storming in, I hide the phone behind my back as he looks around searching for what I presume is my phone.

"Ryan" my voice squeaks out

"Where is it Mia?" his voice holding such malice as he approaches me and grabs my arms.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean it" I plead with him as he grabs the phone and throws it against the wall. I see it shatter and drop to the floor.

This was my chance and now it's gone, I am now left with an angry Ryan pacing again. I hate it when he paces.