Chapter 7

There is yet another lift in the giant building I walk into and I'm currently standing in silence whilst Theo clicked on the penthouse suite. Of course, he lived in the penthouse, I wonder what the view is like my thoughts were interrupted when the lift dinged. Theo was already out of the lift when he spoke "Are you coming?". I follow after him seeing a very large open-plan living room and kitchen. The kitchen is to die for with a large island there is an extremely large sofa near the full glass outer wall of the building, to put it lightly it is beautiful and looks like it is not even lived in. I'm standing at the entrance taking it in when I hear Theo greeting an older woman and hugging her, I walk through to join them fully as I feel like I'm lingering around the corner. The woman looks up with a bright smile and rushes over and hugs me. I am taking a back I'm not sure if I should hug this strange woman or not before it's decided she pulls away and says "It's so nice to meet you my name is Claire if you need anything just let me know I'm so happy you accepted the job". Theo cleared his throat and told me to follow we come to a door that says Cooper's name and walk in quietly. The cutest little boy is laid in the crib asleep she wearing a rainbow sleepsuit and holding onto a rabbit. Theo stares at him with adoring eyes and starts speaking "I've written up all the information that you will need for her care, it is on the kitchen counter. He's just gone down for a nap and will need feeding when he gets up but I'm going to be at home so I'll do it". He walks out the door whilst I'm still looking at him and says "Miss Graham please follow me". I follow to the room a little bit further down the hall and he advises this is my room. The room is extremely large fitted with furniture and a king-size bed. It's a beautiful room and even has fairy lights around the room, I wonder who put them up. Theo advised he will leave me to settle in. After I placed everything away I made my way out and towards the kitchen.

Claire was cooking and Theo was sitting at one of the breakfast stools on his phone, when I walked in Claire asks if I want any food. I decline straight away remembering the terms of the job, I buy my own food. Claire starts to speak again whilst cooking pancakes "I'm the cleaner, occasional chef, and babysitter when you're not around. Oh, and also I am this rude guy's godmother". I walk towards the island where I see a large folder and tell Claire again it's nice to meet her. I see the folder has Cooper's name on it. I look at Theo and speak "Erm, Theo is this the information I need? can I look at it?".

He looked up from his phone and gave me a look like I'd lost my mind, he stands up and walks so he is directly in front of me leaning forwards, he says "Under no circumstances do you call me Theo, you will call me Mr. Levy and to answer your question obviously you read it you need to know everything about him". With that, he walked away I am presuming to go to his office or his room. Claire looked at me with sad eyes, "Please just give him a chance he's not as bad as he seems" she said.

I sighed and walked back to my room with the folder full of information. The contents were just the normal birthday 12th July 2021, name: Cooper River Levy, routines on naps and feeding. Favourite soft foods and toys. List of people he is allowed around, Claire, Riley, Ben, Nancy, any other people need to be approved by Theo. I only know Claire but I'm sure I'll meet the other guys soon. Phone will be on at all times to be contactable (including voicemail), I already knew this was coming.

I put the book away I've got the gist of what is needed. I look at my phone it is now 5 pm, I have a message from my parents asking how I am I haven't checked in with them in a while, I reply advising I've been busy and apologise. They ring me straight away with slight panic in their voices "Mia are you sure you're fine? Ryan has been around to the house demanding we tell you to answer your phone he said he's been calling" my mum said. This is not ideal I didn't want him to go to my parent's house and I now know it is definitely him who has been trying to call me. I sigh and advise them I am fine and I will make sure to keep in touch with them.

I answer messages from Freya and Matt letting them know I am fine and settling in. I don't mention the cold welcome I received from Theo. I hear a small cry come from Cooper's room, I walk out of my room past a door I don't know but I hear Theo on the phone so I go see Cooper. He's laid in his crib with his arms and legs moving around, I pick up his small body and start walking with him talking to him, I look at his small face and he is smiling at me trying to reach out to touch my face. Whilst I'm aimlessly talking to him I hear someone clear their throat, I look towards the door and Theo is standing there with an unreadable look on his face whilst he watches us, he comes over and takes Cooper off me, and walks into the kitchen.

Claire is stood there smiling whilst speaking to Cooper in a baby voice, she tells Theo dinner is ready whilst he put Cooper in a highchair sitting next to him. Claire looks over to me whilst I sit on the couch and try to look busy on my phone, "Don't you want any food Mia?" she asks, when Theo interrupt looking directly at me with a low voice "Remember the terms of the job", he said like I could even forget the terms, you buy your own food. I'm not going to lie I am hungry but I'm not going to anger him even more. I smile at Claire "I'm not hungry thank you" I responded. She looks at Theo furious I could hear everything she was saying but they acted as if I wasn't there "You had her start work at 8 am she hasn't left to go get any food and your now denying her food which we have plenty of, you're just being ridiculous" she sits back when Theo gives her a bored look and he carries on feeding Cooper some kind of mush.

I ask Mr. Levy if I've got the rest of the evening off which he nods his head, I ask if I go out how to get back into the building he points to the kitchen counter where there is a fob and a key. I thank him and walk to my room picking up my bag with my phone and purse in and walk out of the door.

Now I'm out of the building I take a deep breath, it's chilly outside and I wish I brought a coat now. I realise I am not familiar with the area and have no idea where I'm going, I start wandering down the street trying to find something that resembles a supermarket. After 30 minutes of I'm sure was walking in circles I see the supermarket. As I walk in I have no idea what I'm buying but I'm guessing looking after a baby all day it will have to be something that is quick. I pick up some fruit and vegetables, along with chicken and pork and spices. I pick up some cheerio's for breakfast, pasta pots, yogurts, some snacks chips, and chocolate. I go to the toiletry section and pick up some peach-smelling shampoo and conditioner, as well as, body wash, creams. I've brought everything else with me.

I pay for the items, carrying the bags, and realise I have no idea how to get back to Theos apartment. Why do I do this? I should have paid more attention to where I was going. After another 40 minutes of wandering around, I give up and end up sitting on a park bench. It's starting to get even colder now and dark I hear people talking whilst they walk past me clearly knowing where they are going. My phone starts ringing when I look at it, the caller ID shows as Theo Levy, when did he put his number in my phone and get my number. I shrug and answer the call.

"Where the hell are you?" he shouts down the phone, my god he is a pleasant man, isn't he. "I went shopping for some food and got lost and I don't know the name of your building" I reply.

"Why didn't you just call me?" he sighs down the phone. "I didn't know I had your number in my phone" I mumble out.

"Where are you? I'll come pick you up" I hear him say. "I'm in a park I think it's a large thing, it's got lots of benches" I replied, hearing him chuckle down the phone which I wasn't expecting when he says "Well that narrows it down Mia, what else can you see?". I look around more trying to find something more helpful to tell him "Oh there is a nice-looking coffee shop close to the entrance to the park I think it was called something like Reserve" I say fast.

He says he knows where I am and is on his way. I sit for another 10 minutes before walking slowly to the entrance to the park where I told him where the coffee shop was. I'm only standing there for another few minutes when a large black range rover pulls up. I see Theo getting out of the driver's seat and grabbing my bags off me to put in the boot and telling me to get in.