Chapter 23

Theos POV

Ryan got in touch with me a few days ago inviting me to a party he's throwing, if I'm honest I don't want to go because I know she will be there, although I hate what Ryan told me about her it does hurt me to see her with him like we were nothing. Since Ben found out about the party he hasn't shut up so I know I don't really get a choice in the matter, Ryan has become his drinking buddy and to be honest I think he's encouraging Ben to drink more than he should but it's his life.

The parties tomorrow and Ben and Riley are coming around to mine later for dinner and to hang out with Coop before he goes to Claire's for the weekend. I know Mia has been staying with Riley and I don't like it I've been trying to warn her away from getting too close to her but she isn't listening.

Today has been a pain in the backside today people making mistakes making me angry to the point I fired two of them and in all honesty, they probably didn't deserve that extreme of a punishment but I was passed caring. I was stressed with work and stressed about the party I think the best approach tomorrow is to get drunk.

Walking into the apartment, Coopers face lights up whilst he runs towards me "Daddy, I mwist you".

"Missed you too buddy, are you excited for uncle Benji and auntie Riles to come hang out with us" he nodded excitedly.

Claire gave him some dinner and we would eat later because he wanted to watch finding nemo before bed, he loved fish.

When Ben and Riley arrived, we were already on the sofa waiting to start the movie.

"Coop my man what we watching?" Coopers face lit up when he ran over to Ben.

"Come, come hurry its starting" his excited little voice said.

Ben and Riley followed sitting down on the couch and I started the movie. They knew how much Coop loved this movie and put up with watching it with him around 50 times and that's why we loved them so much they would do anything for me and Coop.

After the movie had finished I go put a sleeping Cooper to bed, and we have our dinner. When we are seated I can see Riley looking nervous.

Turning to her "What's up Riles?".

She turned to me "I think we need to talk about what happening with Mia". Why can't she just let it go.

Before I could even say anything, Ben started on a tangent "Riley I'm not speaking about this again, she is manipulating you, the things she did to Ryan and the lies she spread she is not a good person. Stay away from her".

Riley responded pretty quickly "What are you talking about? The things she did? What did he tell you?".

This time I was the one to speak "He's right Riles, she will manipulate you, she lied about Ryan hitting her when she was the one who was aggressive towards him. She tried to ruin his life I won't let her do the same to us".

She had a confused look on her face at this point "What are you talking about? Why are you taking his side on this he's lying, I've seen th" she stopped talking abruptly like she was conflicted about something.

At this point she went silent but I could see the conflicted look on her face "What is it Riles?" I lean over to grab her hand.

"You've seen the way he treats her I know you have. Have you ever thought what he told you was the other way around? I've seen things and I'm scared for her" her face was downcast.

I have seen the way he speaks to her and grabs her, in all honesty he doesn't appear scared of her but she's different around him. Whilst I was trying to process my thoughts Ben started laughing.

"You really believe that Riles, I told you her moving in with you was a bad idea she's got you exactly where she wants you, you haven't spent time with Ryan he's a good guy who had it rough" she was not happy with what he was saying and said it was time for her to leave.

She grabbed her coat and I walked over to her "Riles you don't have to leave".

"Yes, I do I can't believe you guys are buying his bullshit, she's hurt man and I'm scared what will happen next" I've never seen Riley like this before.

"What do you mean she's hurt?" I may not like what Ryan told me about her past but I did care for her deeply and I can't just switch it off.

"I can't tell you" her eyes were watering.

"Riley you will tell me, I can't see you like this" my voice was stern.

"She has bruises man, bad bruises. I've seen them she's been hiding them but I walked in on her changing by accident" a tear escaped her eye.

"Riley I'm sure it's not what you think, you haven't been told the whole story I just don't think you should trust everything she is telling you" as the words came out of my mouth the doubt starting to set in, Riley said she's seen things and that she has bruises I've never seen a mark on Ryan.

Riley left and Ben was still moaning about Mia being manipulative but I don't even know what to think at this point.

Ben stayed over in the spare room and said he was going to hang out until we go to the party, Ryan wanted us there to drink with him before he got too drunk.

Saturday evening came and I had conflicting feelings about hanging out with Ryan, Riley has definitely put doubts in my mind. Ben was already drinking before we got there and I get my driver to drop us off.

The house is massive and music was blaring from it you could hear it before we even arrive inside the house. He apparently knew a lot of people because the house was packed. Walking over to Ryan me and Ben great him and we get given a drink straight away, I remember my plan to get as drunk as possible I don't need to deal with any drama tonight.

Saying that I down the drink I have in my hand and grab another one, Ryan shouts for us to do a round of shots and I don't say no.

Ben is off somewhere most likely flirting with anyone he can find, he took Mia's betrayal really hard and its starting to show by his reaction every time her name is mentioned. I need to stop thinking about her so I drink the bottle in my hand quickly to forget and grab another one.

I suddenly hear Ryan shout "Mia baby your here and you look hot".

I turn to see Mia and Riley walking though, Riley was especially close to her. I couldn't help but look Mia up and down, she looked stunning her hair half up half down wavy, the outfit she had on hugged her curves I notice she's wearing heels she hated heels. She had like a 20-minute rant to me about how much she hated them, why is she wearing them.

She looks up and her eyes find mine, she definitely has lost more weight and there is no spark in her eyes anymore. I don't get it she's back with her boyfriend surely, she should be happy.

Her eyes quickly go to find Ryan's and I see him look between us and his face tenses. When she comes over he puts an arm around her waist and squeezes slightly but I notice the wince on her face that she tries to cover.

I decide to leave them to it and drag Riley away after much protesting. After a while I am pretty drunk when a small blonde comes over and starts flirting, I can't help but flirt back I deserve to have some fun.