Chapter 10

I wake up in bed on Friday the first day of my two days off, I'm feeling good today don't get me wrong I love looking after Cooper I think we have bonded a lot over the past few weeks and he is growing so much it's adorable to watch.

I hear Claire in the kitchen talking in a baby voice, I get up put my hair in a quick bun and wander to the kitchen. I have been here a few weeks now and there are two rooms I've never been into, Theo's bedroom and his office. I've seen the guest bedroom that Riley and Ben sometimes crash in. I spend most of my time in all the other rooms.

I smile at Claire as I enter the kitchen "Good morning Claire, how is everything going today?". Looking around for Cooper I go to him and greet him holding him on my hip whilst I get my cereal ready.

Claire looks at me and says "You do know your off shift for two days but you just can't help yourself".

I look towards her apologising, she is right I'm taking over. "Sorry, I don't mean to take over" I say apologetically.

Claire laughed "If your happy doing it you are welcome to it, Coopers, got so used to it now".

I walk over to his toy corner in the living room looking out over the city out of the window whilst Cooper is still on my hip.

"Hiya Coop what's the plan for the day? You going to spend time with Claire and have so much fun" I coo to Cooper.

As I carry on babbling to her, I look over to see Theo staring at us and smiling.

I hear Claire say to him "They are so cute together aren't they, Cooper absolutely loves her".

Theos still smiling at us when he comes over. Looking at Cooper he says "Hi little man aren't you going to let Mia have a nice day off today" grabbing him from me.

"Oh, I don't mind honestly"

He smiles at me and says he's got it from here. I decided that today is the day I checked my voicemail and call my parents to check-in. I'm also going to calm Freya to see if she wants to come out with us tomorrow night.

I walk to the bathroom and I must spend around 30 minutes having the longest shower but really, I'm just delaying what I need to do today.

After I have brushed my teeth I decided to ring my parents first.

"Hey, mom, how are you?" I say happily as she answers.

"We are fine thanking you, Auntie Elle is over you are on speakerphone" I hear auntie Elle shouting in the background hello.

She speaks to me for a good hour before saying they are going shopping. It was so nice to speak to my family I do miss them so much but my life is here now.

I don't even know how many voicemails I have I just know that my voicemail is now full and I need to clear it.

I do feel like I am strong enough to listen to them now. The first one is Ryan asking where I am, as it goes on the longer they are getting and the more aggressive he is sounding. After listening for 30 minutes the last message was playing and Ryan was saying he will find me and I will not be the one who leaves him and there will be consequences for my actions.

I know what that means, force me to stay with him and beat me whenever he wants to.

I do feel really lucky for my new life and I intend on keeping it, he doesn't know where I am so I'm fine he won't find me.

I call Freya and obviously, she wants to come to hang out with my new sexy roommate as she put it. I did remind her about Matty and she just laughed says she was allowed to look not touch.