Chapter 13

I wake up hearing muffled sounds, I keep my eyes closed and I still feel Bens hand stroking my hair.

I hear Theos voice "Why is she asleep, she's meant to be working and why is she laying on your lap?". Ben sighed "Why isn't she allowed to take a break when Coopers down, there's no harm in it and just so your aware this is probably the best night sleep she's had in a while", "Don't you see how exhausted she looks all the time, she shakes in her sleep she's scared of something and your attitude towards her doesn't help".

Theo laughed "I don't particularly care if she has issues, she has a job to do and if you want to sleep with her do it on her day off and don't do it in my apartment we all see how you look at her".

I could feel Ben tense up at Theos words "Fuck off Theo and stop being a dick to her she doesn't deserve it".

I could feel the tension so I slowly stretch up and pretend to slowly wake up I smile up at Ben and get up and walk to Coopers room. Claire's sat in the rocking chair reading one of her books, I sit next to her.

"Thanks for watching Coop", she smiles back replying "It was nice to see you relax, I know there is a lot going on in your mind right now but you can talk to me about anything. I know Theos being hard on you but try not to take it to heart".

Smiling I give her a hug and stroke Cooper head before heading to bed.

I've barely seen Theo over the past few days which means Cooper has barely spent any time with him, I've started to feel more at ease however I feel guilty that Cooper is missing his father.

Nothing was brought up about the movie day with Ben, Riley has popped in a few times to see Cooper and lets me know Theo is busy. I'm not sure if he is actually busy or just avoiding me but either way it's not fair on Cooper.

I grab him out of his cot cooing to him whilst I walk into the kitchen to see Claire setting him down in the highchair I greet her with a hug. She gives me his food and I sit down next to him to feed him.

"I had a word with Theo about his absence around the apartment and Cooper" sighing as she starting to fill the dishwasher.

"Oh okay" I carried on feeding Coop. "So, Coopers birthday is on Saturday and I've told him he's taking the weekend off to spend the whole weekend with his son".

I smile at her "I think that's a great idea".

This reminds me that I can't keep working at the bar anymore its tired me out so much and I've saved enough money to last me a while now if this job doesn't work out, I just feel bad for Jerry but I can't keep doing it anymore.

"I'm not going to be working at the club anymore so I'll get out of their hair for the weekend I'll go stay with Freya at the weekend". I start thinking about my decision, its Monday now, I'm not sure what Freya is doing this weekend or even if she has space for me since the new roommate has moved in.

Claire saw the uncertainty on my face "It's fine you don't have to leave". I smile "I think its best it's just for a few days anyways".

"Would you mind just watching Coop whilst I make a phone call" I asked. "Not at all", I walked away and ring Jerry.

He took it well to be honest, he said I need to take more time to myself but he still expects to see me in the bar. I feel a sense of relief but I also dread it just means I'm going to be spending more time at the apartment at the weekends.

I walk back and decide to read to Cooper for a bit. The next few days pass by quickly and it is soon Friday morning my first Friday off any work in a while.

I need to go out and buy Cooper a present I'm so excited my little man is one, he so damn cute. I text Ben to see if he wants to come and he replies within minutes saying he will pick me up at the apartment in 30 minutes. I get ready throwing on an oversized jumper and jeans and put my hair up in a ponytail.