(Angst/platonic) Bruno x Child!reader

He smiled at me, his eyes as soft as a cloud in a warm day, and yet so broken inside.

I stared back, the flashing lights of his bright door in the background making me shake all the more. He extended his arm, placing his hand on my hair, gently ruffling it affectionately. I finally sniffled, reaching my small hands to hold onto his large and bony one, feeling the tears slowly drip from my eyes.

I was filled with youth and innocence, so why now?

"You mean everything to me, Y/N." He whispered, his voice so soft and comforting, making my vision blurry with tears.

"You promise you'll be waiting for me when I comes back, so you can give me the biggest hug in the world?" He smiled, trying to lift the mood. I hiccuped, taking his hand and hugging it tightly. "Please...don't go..." I whimpered, my bottom lip trembling.

He chuckled, sadness and guilt dripping and evident in his soft gaze. A single tear finally fell from his eye, his soft stare breaking by the second. "I'm...so sorry..." he whispered, grabbing my tiny form and hugging it protectively.

Thumping could be heard from the downstairs, alerting him as he tensed. I stared at him confusingly.

I widened my glossy eyes as he put me down, standing up from his crouched position. He turned around, leaving without a single word.

I wailed louder, running to him, only to be stopped by Casita, making me cry all the more louder.

I watched as he walked away from me, slowly fading into the darkness of the house.

I wailed, yelled, screamed, shook, and wept for him to come back, for everything to go back to normal, for him to read me my favorite princess story at this time and fall asleep with me.

Casita finally let go of me, but him long gone. I ran to where he disappeared, tripping on a stone and stuffing my face with the floor, my face aching. I cried once again, wanting him back.

"Please..." I whispered, my small and fragile voice cracking. I shut my eyes tightly, forcing more tears out.

I screamed, pathetically punching the ground in a fit of rage. I gave up, snot falling from my red nose, my eyes broken and confused.

Bruno..?